“A good experience on lower Lonsdale” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Wine Bar, Oyster Bar
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
North Vancouver, Canada
“A good experience on lower Lonsdale”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My family and I tried out this restaurant for the first time about a month ago, early summer of 2014. We went with no expectations but some curiosity as we had seen it but never visited Fishworks. The atmosphere was good but with wood floors the noise level was a bit of an issue, we were in a corner that probably amplified the noise even more. But overall, the ambiance was quite good.

The menu was diversified but obviously many fish and seafood dishes. All of our food at a B+ level and all dishes met our expectations or exceeded them. A good place to go on the North Shore. I liked this restaurant more than Arm's Reach which we are local to and of the two I'd go for Fishworks first.

Since the establishment is on lower Lonsdale, you can go for a pleasant stroll over to the Lonsdale Quay after you have finished your meal. And there is a micro brewery close by to enjoy a post meal beer as well.

I would definitely recommend Fishworks for a great meal experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Calgary, Canada
“Nicest Dessert i have ever Had!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Everything was delicious and the Staff were very well informed from the kitchen about the dishes in case of any questions. Top Class from start to Finish
Hugh And Aislinn From Ireland

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Wonderful fish dishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is one of my favourite fish restaurants in the Vancouver Mainland, where I've lived since 1990. Fishworks started in North Vancouver just a few years ago, and its quality has remained quite high. Each time I've brought in friends, they have been impressed. This is the case even for a friend from Halifax who eats fish DAILY. He was quite impressed with all dishes, especially the oysters. Unfortunately my wife is not a great fan of fish, so I do not frequent this restaurant nearly as often as I'd like. Still, each time I've been there I've always enjoyed the great food and want to come back. I highly recommend it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Delicious Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I went to this cozy restaurant with my brother and his friend for dinner. This is a very pleasant restaurant with nice surroundings. The service was very good and our waiter was very attentive to our needs.

We had clams and mussels as appetizes and both were devine.

For our main courses all three of us had the special which was halibut. It was cooked to perfection and the presentation was lovely.

The next time I'm in North Vancouver I will definitely go back!

North Vancouver, Canada
“Celebrating Birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We've never dined at Fishworks before, but it had been highly recommended, so we decided to go there on my husband's birthday. The food was excellent, our waiter attentive & knowledgeable. We were there on a Thursday night & the restaurant was packed!

Visited June 2014