“Great spot for lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Bellevue, Washington
“Great spot for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The lunch box special was the perfect ending to a multi-day kayak adventure at Deep Cove. All of the selections were tasty and fresh. The outside seating on a warm summer day was great. This review would have been 5 stars had it not been for the server coughing into her hand repeatedly. This caused much anxiety and was very avoidable.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London, Canada
“Amazing sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stopped there after roaming around town.
And let me tell you, the sashimi I had ( tuna/sockeye salmon) was an absolute dream!
It was very good. I'm used to having sushi in Ontario, and there was no comparison.
I would recommend it for sure. The pieces of sashimi were generously sized.
Prices were ok. You definitely pay for what you get!
I also had two seaweed cones with the same meat. Very delicious.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Moncton, Canada
“Japanese for a visitor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were visiting our daughter in North Vancouver and she took us to the restaurant in Deep Cove- a nice tourist spot in N Vancouver. My daughter eats there often and she really enjoyed the sushi. My wife and my son-in-law had the tempura and enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I had the special- ribs- and they were awful - there was literally no meat on the ribs and they were of poor quality and poorly cooked. The service was OK but the waitress was not particularly helpful to me as I do not eat Japanese food often and she seemed impatient with any question I had regarding the menu.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
North Vancouver, Canada
“slow slow service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

It was a Thursday night (May 9th) and we walked to this sushi restaurant as I live near by and have not been there in years.It was not busy at all.the special on the board at the front door was unreadable and when I asked what it said the waitress rolled her eyes, had no answer and barely spoke english.We had to seat ourselves outside as inside was like a oven.We waited 15 minutes for a waitress then we had to ask for water .It took 30 minutes for our food. We had to again ask for water which was not even cold but warm.The waitress was rude when we asked how long for our sushi.I admit the sushi was very good but a bit overpriced.Another local was picking up his take out and he indicated "never eat in service always lousy".He was told 20 minutes for his pick up order and experience has taught him they are always slow so he came in 30 minutes.He told me he had to wait another ten minutes so there estimated time was 20 minutes yet he waited fourty.The waitress never brought our bill and we finally went inside to get it and pay.Never again

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Will be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We live a walk away from this place. Went to it before and it was good. It is now under a new name/management. I took my hubby there, I think it was a Friday. It was very buzy but we got a table, a little japanese secluded booth, a nice romantic surprise (new from our last visit? ) except for the group of non stop giggling young girls in the booth beside us.
I had the Ebi sunomono salad which was quit different than the one I am used too. We shared beef tereaki, Yakatori and tempora sweet patatoes and prawns. The good thing about Japanese food is that the food is mostly healthy and one rarely feels too full like after eating a steak. All the food was very fresh tasting, cooked in fresh oil with no after taste that some other restaurants. The service was prompt and polite.
Go work out you appetite hicking up the quarry rock it takes about 1hr to 1.5 hr back. It`s a hike that takes you up and down and it is very scenic or simply have a romantic walk along the water...

• Visited March 2013