“Canyon Lights - Looking forward to coming back” 5 of 5 stars

Visit Capilano Suspension Bridge Park like an insider
Private Tour
$194*
and up
Private Tour: Capilano Suspension Bridge and...
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Only 15 minutes from downtown Vancouver, allow 2 - 3 hours for your visit to Vancouver's iconic Capilano Suspension Bridge, hanging 450 feet (137m) across and 230 feet (70m) above Capilano River. The park offers more than just the bridge. Its surrounding 27 acres celebrate nature, history and culture in unique and thrilling ways. No more so than with the newest attraction, CLIFFWALK. Cliffwalk hangs for 213m (700ft) and reaches 91m (300ft) high, hugging the granite cliffside and offering a panoramic view of the thriving rainforest and canyon far below. On Treetops Adventure venture from one magnificent old growth Douglas-fir to another on a series of seven elevated suspension bridges, reaching as high as 110 feet (33m), for a squirrel's eye view of the forest. Guides, signage and interactive exhibits throughout the park help you in your understanding of rainforest ecosystems and their sustainability.
Vancouver, Canada
“Canyon Lights - Looking forward to coming back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We hadn't been to the Capilano Suspension Bridge for about 10 years and decided to check out the holiday festivities at Canyon Lights -- evening events all light up. Our kids (aged 10 and 11) were immediately impressed with the lights, enjoyed hot chocolate, croissants, the gift shop, tree top adventure and the cliff walk, nevermind the suspension bridge itself. It's pricey at $68 for a family of four but for BC residents that means free admission for a year, and my kids are already asking to go back. In addition, given the number of friendly staff there for questions and safety, the various food kiosks, and events like glass-blowing, there was enough to keep us all entertained and even my frugal husband felt it was money well spent. "Good choice!", he remarked, as we hoofed through the treetops adventure. Looking forward to going again summer and winter.

Visited January 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lynnwood, Washington
14 attraction reviews
“Cool place but over priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Went up to see the bridge and the xmas lights as we had never been before. Most people advised 2-3hrs per visit and so we timed it to spend part in daylight, part @ dark. The bridge is cool ... and very wobbly when it is full of people. lol

The tree walks are amazing and the cliffwalk is also very cool. The $30 a person price is way too much....

The xmas lights were well done and the pathways are easy to navigate even in the snow. Might go up again in a few years but hope they bring the price closer to reality, like 15 bucks.

We spent 4 hrs there and walked it twice.

Medford, Oregon
6 attraction reviews
“Just OK...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We visited the park after reading high reviews on it, and it just wasn't what we expected. I suppose we thought the cliff walk would have been higher and a bit more "scary", but it was just a walkway that jutted out from the cliff, not as high as we had thought. The suspension bridge was just that, a suspension bridge over the river below. We walked the Tree Top Adventure which was informative and educational, albeit a "low impact" kind of attraction. We had no children with us so perhaps it was meant for a younger audience? We thought they had done the attractions well, but really, it was just OK. And at $32 for an adult admission, we just felt it wasn't worth it.

Mexico City, Mexico
“Rip off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Read the bad reviews. It is a rip off - paid 75.00 for myself and two teenage kids. Definitely not worth it. If it is for charity they should ask for a donation but not charge a fixed rate. Definitely not worth it. Don't waste your money.

Bellflower, California, USA
39 attraction reviews
“Amazing Nature Adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I wanted to do something exciting for my birthday and so since I was in Vancouver, BC anyway I thought I would check out the Capliano Suspension Bridge Park. I thought it sounded fun, but I totally underestimated what an amazing and fun adventure it ended up being! My friend and I arrived early, and believe me, we were glad we did! We were the first ones in the park when it opened and we had the bridge all to ourselves for the first ten minites the park was open! I highly advise you arrive at least 30 to 40 minutes before they open. Once the line forms and the park gets crowded you have tons of people all around you! Also parking can get tough after 12:00 noon.

People from Vancouver are the most friendly people on the planet and they have the best manners of anyone you will encounter so the locals that are there are very kind and helpful! There are tons of tourists so when it gets crowded on the bridge its like a roller coaster ride! The bridge is amazing but I also advise that you explore every area of the park! The Tree Top Sky walk is breath taking and the Totems are really beautiful. Make time to see them as well.

You will need three to four hours to fully enjoy this adventure. Make sure that if you come in the winter to dress warm as 99% of this is out doors. Its all about the main bridge which wiggles and moves as you walk accross it, I loved the looks on peoples faces as they went across! Everything they offer is fun and exciting and the views and vistas are breath taking. I have to say my time here was one of the most fun outdoor adventures that I have ever taken. Fun for the wihole family so everyone can and will enjoy this attraction.

Hints: Arrive EARLY!
In Winter DRESS WARM
Appreciate and thank the friendly locals
BRING A CAMERA! You will need one!