“You feel you are sitting in a cafe in Paris” 5 of 5 stars

604-988-1000
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Dessert, Bakeries
North Vancouver, Canada
“You feel you are sitting in a cafe in Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I love all their pastries, from cookies to cakes. they made my 40th birthday cake and they made it so special. I wish i could share a photo with your guys. I love how they serve tea in a little teapot and have tea leaf and not teabag(they got teabags too). I tried their sanwich too few months ago and i even loved that. I asked about the bread and they make their own sandwich bread too. okay you can tell i love this place so i totaly recommand them for lunch, breakfast or just a coffe with a friend. oh and they have free wifi too :)
OH I CAN SHARE A PHOTO:) SO HERE IS MY 40TH BIRTHDAY CAKE.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Didn't know what a mocha is...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

I'm surprised by the good reviews. I ordered a chocolate croissant, which was tough and dry, and a mocha. The clerk gave me an espresso and when I questioned her, she didn't seem to know that mochas have milk and chocolate. I felt like she was giving attitude that I didn't know what I was talking about. Not heading back there anytime soon.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

To be honest, I haven't tried that many things at Sweet Art. But what I have tried, seemed average tasting: croissant, cream puff, Neapolitan, and cookies.

I found their prices to be too high.

Although I haven't tried their cakes, they look quite appealing.

Whenever I have gone in, their tables were at least have full, so some people seem to like it.

• Visited October 2010
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
The Road
“Could be so much more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

Greater Vancouver is really lacking in places where you can get both coffee and in-house baking, so it would be nice to be able to recommend this place. Unfortunately, the last couple of times I was here I ended up leaving again because it was taking so long to get service (and that's not table service, it's standing at the counter and not getting service!). When I have eaten here in the past, it's true that some of the pastries are good, but others (e.g. everything cookie-like) are so-so. It used to be much better when some old guy was running it a few years back, but maybe it changed hands? If they don't improve, they'll have a hard time competing against the coffee chains.

• Visited February 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
BC
“Charming - great coffee and irresistable sweets!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

Highly recommend this little cafe for an excellent cup of coffee, service always with a big smile and delicious goodies. The ambience is restful and reminds one of a cafe in Paris - often they have music by Edith Piaff in the background. The cakes are absolutely exquisite and they are also delicious - works of art and a real treat for special occasions. This is my favorite coffee place in N orth Vancouver.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere