“mmmm..korean bbq..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kyung Bok Palace

Kyung Bok Palace
#720 Lansdone Centre, Richmond, British Columbia V6X 2X9, Canada (City Centre)
604-207-1120
Neighborhood: City Centre
Vancouver, Canada
“mmmm..korean bbq..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had to write a review on this restaurant because I personally think this is the best all you can eat bbq I've been to so far. what makes the best korean bbq? They have pretty good quality of meat and delicious side dishes which I tasted when i visited korea. The ambience was nice, but the foods took some time to arrive.. but it's all good when the servers are apologetic. I've been to shabusen many times but I think it's time to move on since they have no 'authentic' food.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

richmond, bc
“Good lunch specials”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Food quality not bad and lunch menus are quite reasonable. Would go again if I wanted Korean food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Canada
“Good Quality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I didn’t notice from outside but when you first go in, you will notice this restaurant is HUGE.. and interior is actually pretty nice.. looks like one of those palace in Korea (seems like the owner spent lots of $$ to it) Anyways, me and my friends tried all you can eat since most of other tables were cookin and we couldn’t resist the smell!! mmmmm.. I’ve only been to shabusen for all you can eat bbq (but I didn’t really like it because they didn’t have any authentic food there).. We ordered some spicy tofu soups and some sushi and bbq of course. The cooked meats were very delicious, compare to shabusen, the quality of the meat was much better. Good thing about Korean all you can eat is that you get unlimited orders of side dishes, although there were only 5 kinds. Service wise, the servers were always there to help, had to flag them down but it was okay considering as a Korean restaurant. The price was bit more expensive as an all you can eat restaurant..$22 per person. I will definitely try their regular menu next time I visit Lansdowne.

Visited October 2011
Richmond BC
“Worst ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

My family and I went to this restaurant expecting to have decent food. We sat down in anticipation of a good all you can eat feast. We arrived at 7pm and waited almost 15 minutes for tea. After another 15 minutes we finally flagged a waiter to take our order. The first dishes arrived within 5 minutes with the exception to the soup my wife ordered. We proceeded to make a second order which never arrived. We repeadidly asked again and again for our food. All you can eat or is it how long you can wait. For $19.99 a person you would expect at least enough food to feed one. While waiting we had the customers next to us yell at the waiter for not giving proper information before sitting down for 1/2 hour to find out that they would be dissapointed as well. After about 20 minutes and flagging down 3 different waiters we finally asked if we would actually get the soup we ordered. I called the host which ignored me. I was pretty discouraged about this because you would expect at least a host could respond. Instead just ignoring me and trying to avoid the situation. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone unless they feel like wasting time and money. I would suggest taking the $100 we spent without ANY tip to go to a grocery store and go home and cook it much quicker. On top of us waiting, our soup finally arrived and we asked to pack since we waited 1 1/2 hours. Any they said sorry no it is not a take out item allowed. Screw that!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“You can't go wrong w/ eat all you can Korean BBQ short ribs, that is if you don't mind your clothes smelling...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

You can't go wrong w/ eat all you can Korean BBQ short ribs, that is if you don't mind your clothes smelling afterwards...