“Fresh sushi, out of the way but worth the trip” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 673 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Toronto, Canada
“Fresh sushi, out of the way but worth the trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

The sushi restaurant is small but the keeper doesn't try to jam pack the space by putting too many tables and chairs. I feel that they prioritize comfort and quality, which in my book are great traits of a restaurant together with excellent and friendly service. Fish are fresh, love the scallop sushi particulary in this one. Can't wait to go back.

Visited May 2012

London, United Kingdom
“The best sushi I've ever had...ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I went here after seeing it on trip advisor.
When I first got there I wasn't sure what my experience was going to be as it was part of a strip mall and rather small.
However the service was great, and the food was second to none.

I started with miso soup which came with a bit of fish in it. The taste was perfectly balanced, as well as the consistency being just right. It's probably the best miso soup I've had.
For mains I had a sushi selection of the day. The itamae (sushi chef) took great care in the preparation of the food. None of the sushi was too cold (which gave it greater taste), but was still exceedingly fresh.
I also had some sake with my meal which was satisfactory. I can't remember if there were other options, but the house stuff was adequate.

I re-visited the restaurant several times on my own (business trip) as well as with others, and each time it was just as good.

If you're in the Vancouver area and like sushi, I highly recommend this place. I visited a lot of restaurants in Vancouver, and this one stood out as having the best quality food in my opinion.

My only word of advice is to call ahead and either book or check their availability, as I was turned away a couple of times because they were fully booked.

• Visited November 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very fresh imported sashimi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

Very fresh imported sashimi!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great freshness. Does the usual stuff well with surprises like BBQ Squid Guts. Authentic mom 'n pop shop. Somewhat...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2008

Great freshness. Does the usual stuff well with surprises like BBQ Squid Guts. Authentic mom 'n pop shop. Somewhat pricey.

“the best sushi chef”