“Not too shabby!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Vancouver, BC
“Not too shabby!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I went here for a quick bite with some teammates the other day. We were a big group (20 people) and while it took them a while to seat us, once they did, we were pleasantly surprised. They had a buffet that most of my teammates went for that looked surprisingly delicious. There was a great variety and a lot of healthy options. The people who had it were raving about it. I had a clubhouse and soup that was also really good. The service was a tad slow, but then again, there were a number of large groups like us in there.

If I were in the area, I'd go there again happily.

Visited January 2014

48% Recommend
Vancouver
“Good pasta!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I am not a big beer drinker but I enjoyed the wine I had here, which the server recommended. They were very busy and we had to wait at first to be acknowledged but once we got our name down it was not a long wait to get a table and our waitress was very good. I had the penne with chicken and carbonara sauce which was a little spicy but otherwise very good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
LBillings, Customer Care and Support at Big River Brew Pub, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the kind words! We are happy to see your experience was enjoyable and look forward to seeing you again at Big River. Next time you are in and are sensitive to spice, you can ask for it a little less spicy. Our kitchen staff would be happy to do that for you.

Golden, Canada
“Great Beer and Food enough said eh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

My Wife & I made a return visit last Sunday evening for a beer and supper, as usual we really enjoyed our food and drinks. They must have been very busy over the week end as they had sold out of my favorite brew and a few others but the ale I had complemented my steak sandwich well enough. The staff as always were very attentive and pleasant. It's so nice to be served by staff that are genuinely friendly. We had taken our British friends to this pub on our last visit and they too thought it was so cool and enjoy the fish Taco's so much that they always mention them when we talk on the phone. If you are in the Richmond area or staying at the Holiday Inn Express River point then you must have a beer and a meal here. I have no hesitation in recommending this great pub, It's GREAT.

Dear Andy,

Your kind words have been well received by the staff during this very busy holiday season! You have made their day. We look forward to seeing you again at Big River.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“worth a second look”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

-decent menu prices
-staff was forgetful but pleasant
-garlic fries were recommended but overrated. Fried with chunks of garlic? No thank you.
-my friend raved about their pizza - loves the sauce and cheese blend
-I ordered the seafood linguini. Everything was good except for the salmon which was overcooked and brown from being friend next to burgers I would assume. But it was a large piece of salmon so I worked around it
-would give it another try next time we go to a movie

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We are happy to see that your overall experience was good and that your friends loved the Pizza.

I have brought the comments regarding the fries with garlic, which is one of our most popular "Bar Bites", to the attention of Management as well as the salmon being over cooked on the grill.

We value your feedback as it helps us continue to improve our service and food for your enjoyment. We look forward to you returning and leaving as a fully satisfied customer.

Vancouver, Canada
“Good deal, nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I also don't (like the most recent post) get the negative reviews of this place. We used to groupon tonight and also the previous one about 8 weeks ago. Both times had nice craft beer and the food was very reasonable for pub faire. Tonight's burger and jerk chicken on a bun were enjoyable. Our service was good. There was lots of staff. As far as pubs go in Richmond, I think it's a very nice place.

• Visited November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful and kind feedback. We are extremely pleased to see you had a great experience with us and have returned to us and had the opportunity to use a Groupon.

Regards,