“Highly recommended” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Stone Hedge Bed and Breakfast

You added The Stone Hedge Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
The Stone Hedge Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   5511 Cathay Road, Richmond, British Columbia V7C 3C9 , Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 24 Richmond B&B and Inns
Basingstoke
“Highly recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

After a fraught drive through rush hour traffic, Stone Hedge was a haven. Both Brian and Linda made us very welcome, with a room upgrade and a tray of tea and cake. The rooms are comfortable, the pool warm and refreshing. Guests share a sitting room with refreshments available all the time. Breakfast was delicious. Brian entertained us irrepressively with stories, helpful advice and a history lesson. he also gave us a present of their home-made grape jelly as we left!
The best restaurants are at the waterfront in steveston - a 10 minute drive away

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I found the Stone Hedge in our Lonely Planet book and we were not disappointed. We hadn't made a reservation, but Brian greeted us at the gate and was all smiles. We stayed in the stone Safari House and it was such an experience! The bed was uber comfortable, the cabinet was stocked with tea, coffee, and anything else you'd need, and our hosts made sure there were always cold beverages in our mini-fridge. At breakfast, we were served like kings; the food and the service were delectable. I hope to send my parents to the Stone Hedge for their anniversary one year! Brian and his wife truly want to give each guest the experience of their lives, and I'd say they do an excellent job.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Stone Hedge for one week and had a wonderful experience. The garden is a delight and the swimming pool was an added treat. The water was warmed on the rainy days and we swam almost every day. The food was exceptionally good and varied. Linda, the chef extraordinaire made each breakfast delightful and different every day. We had a variety of fruit and juices in addition to homemade muffins and homemade jams and jellies, in addition to the variety of tasty egg dishes. Our genial host, Brian, was a treasure trove of history and local lore and made our stay very interesting.
Our room was very cute and our bathroom was very spacious featuring a jacuzzi tub. We found chocolates and flowers on our pillows every evening of our stay. We also had a selection of teas, coffee, soft drinks in our dining area and minibar. On sunny mornings we had breakfast outside near the pool. Lounge chairs were available and we idled there most mornings after breakfast. Our hosts went out of their way to make our stay a very happy one. We would highly recommend this B & B for anyone staying in Vancouver or Richmond. Thank you Brian and Linda!

Room Tip: Honeymooners would like the Safari room, couples would like the double room and we (mother and daugh...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

This was my first experience at a B&B and I was not dissapointed! My friend and I were greated at the gate by Brian who immediately made us feel welcomed when he took our bags and showed us directly to our suite. Such a beautiful refuge was hidden in the back garden of the house. A beautiful pool beconed us but as it was still early spring we declined. To our surprise we had been upgraded (for the same price) to have the whole suite which included two lovely rooms, two bathrooms and the comfortable sitting/ dining room. Both Judi and I were impressed with the lovely antiques that graced the rooms. Brian was more than accomodating and was at our beck and call. Both our beds were very comfortable and rooms extremely peaceful and quiet. The breakfast Linda prepared for us was beyond anything I had expected and I felt very spoiled by our host's professionalism in serving the meal. This was such a delightful experience, I know that I would be happy to stay at the Stone Hedge again and definately reccommend it to others. Judi and I felt very relaxed and welcome by the care and attention to detail that both Brian and Linda displayed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I traveled around the Canada such as Rocky mountain and seattle in U.S.A, too.
I hate noisy place like downtown, so I stayed in Richmond where it's famous for the good fortune by geography.
I found one the Stone Hedge B&B through google and stayed there for 4 days.
It was so peaceful and I experienced good atmosphere. And fortunatly I got the engagement ring in that house. I guess it's because I believed the folktale which I heard about the location in the house's land.
Why don't you go to the Stone Hedge B&B and get some good luck? I am sure that your wishes will come true!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Cal;gary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

Have you ever had perfect service at a restaurant? How about a perfect stay at someone's home? Well if you combine the two, then you have an idea of this perfect B&B. This was my experience for three glorious days in December 2011. Treated like royalty, in a most beautifully appointed room, with attention paid to every detail. Doesn't matter what room you pick, the whole place is a gem. (see pictures) Breakfast was so delicious, I still crave it today. This is no continental breakfast, it is a three course affair, hot and tasty with a different menu every day. (see pictures) Hosts Linda & Brian were so helpful, from picking me up at the Airport, to suggesting local sights to see and even giving me a free entrance pass to a Richmond museum. Brian's suggestion on car rental places and procedures saved me a lot of money too. Gardens are a little sparse during the winter months in Vancouver, but I still found roses blooming in December on the Stone Hedge compound. The entire property was tastefully decorated for the holidays, I couldn't have felt more at home. With private entrance to rooms and my own parking stall inside the gated property, I was able to come and go as I pleased. Turn down service, cognac at your bedside, many free videos to chose from, I think you're beginning to get the picture. What I cannot emphasize enough here is just how friendly the hosts are, they will literally go out of their way to help and accommodate you. If you are thinking of staying here, DO IT! I guarantee, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

This was my 3rd time staying at the Stone Hedge, and it was just as perfect as the first 2 times I was there. I got the Safari Room once again because I love this little guesthouse by the pool. It is so beautifully appointed, and has the most amazing stone walled shower,
big screen TV and fireplace to name just a few.

Breakfast was so delicious! Blueberry yogurt with fresh blueberries and blackberries and granola on top, blueberry muffins with 3 different choices of jams, and Eggs Benedict.. All this served with bottomless coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice.

Brian and Linda are wonderful hosts and full of information about Richmond and Vancouver, it is really one of the most delightful experiences I have had staying at a B & B and I will continue to stay here whenever I visit Vancouver.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to The Stone Hedge Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!