“Never Fails to Impress” 5 of 5 stars
Review of River Rock Casino Resort

You added River Rock Casino Resort to your Saves list
River Rock Casino Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8811 River Rd, Richmond, British Columbia V6X 3P8, Canada (Bridgeport)   |
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Richmond
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Never Fails to Impress”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have stayed here about half a dozen times now, some for girls' nights, some for nights with the family. We recently booked a Spring Break package with the kids. We received River Rock slippers, popcorn delivered to our room along with juice for the kids, and an in-room movie. The bed is soooo comfy and even the pull-out is pretty comfortable. The kids really enjoyed the pool as always and my 5 year old said it was "the best family movie night ever". We ordered room service and the prices were actually pretty reasonable. As always, every staff member we encountered was so friendly - housekeeping, room service, valet, front desk etc.

This is absolutely my favourite place to stay and I have already booked a two bedroom suite for our annual girls night in July!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Roland M, General Manager at River Rock Casino Resort, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear kilaBC,

We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with your family over spring break. It is wonderful to hear that your family loved our beds and the amenities we provided for families over the spring break period.
We dope to have you stay with us again soon.

Roland Monteiro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Korean first
Vancouver B.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We spent a Saturday night in a 2 bedroom Penthouse Suite in February. From start to finish it was outstanding , the service on making the reservation ,the dinner reservation , the room and the bellman " Bay " was one of the best we have ever had . Keep up the good work !!!! we will be back to enjoy soon . Thank you

Room Tip: We were in 1172 and would recommend it for size , quiet , and 3 bathrooms !!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Roland M, General Manager at River Rock Casino Resort, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear CanadianCapt,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in penthouse 1172 and found it made your stay so fantastic! I will pass on your positive feeback regarding Bay, as I know he would appreciate your kind words. We hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We were greeted by Roselle, big smile and super helpful. We did not know the facility and Roselle was extremely helpful with all of our needs. The hotel was amazing, very clean lots to do on site. Getting downtown was easy with the skytrain and the pool was spacious and perfect after a day of shopping.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Cathy W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the River Rock Casino Resort and how Roselle was so helpful during your stay. It is wonderful that you were able to utilize the skytrain to downtown Vancouver as it is such a great amenity that we can provide to our guests. Thank you again and we hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is a luxury hotel with extremely comfortable rooms and beds. They have done an outstanding job in developing this property. The Sky-Train has a terminal right beside the hotel/casino and can take you most anywhere in the metro area you wish to travel, saving you having to drive. All the employees, from the front desk, to the casino employees, restaurant workers and cleaners, all go out of their way to acknowledge you and offer their services. My real surprise came when I was provided an upgrade. Two years earlier I had stayed at this hotel and there was a small problem with my credit card when a "hold" on my card for the reservation had not been removed. They rectified the problem and I departed happy. Little did I know that they put a flag on my file for the next time I returned to the hotel. Two years later I came back and had reserved a standard room (which by the way are luxurious in themselves). The front desk employee advised me that due to the slip up two years ago they were upgrading me to an Executive Suite - over 650 sq feet with private balcony, seperate bedroom, spacious living room, and huge bathroom. I had forgotten about the incident two years ago as it was so minor, but the hotel did not and ensured I was compensated by way of the upgrade. This speaks volumes to the quality and efforts that the River Rock Hotel makes to ensure their customers are happy. Customer service is a high priority.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ray M,

It is so amazing to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and found our service outstanding. We really appreciate your feedback and do believe that superior customer service provided to our guests is of the utmost importance. Your story is definitely on I will be passing onto our colleagues! Thank you again and we hope to have you stay with us soon.

Port Coquitlam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

​With not alot of knowledge or advice I booked the River Rock Hotel Resort for my wedding reception. The banquet & sales manager did not inform me at the time of signing that my minimum amount to spend on the venue was until it was too late to ask for the deposit back. It was higher than 5 star hotels downtown! There was a lack of communication as I, myself and my wedding coordinator were trying to contact Robbi. There would be weeks where we wouldn't hear anything - not even a simple email. She told me that I wouldn't have to touch base with her until the month BEFORE THE WEDDING DATE as River Rock was opening a new casino in Chiliwack they are TOO BUSY. Never once did we hear a sorry or apology from the hotel. There was another time where we had a meeting with Robbi and Charles to go over our food & cake choices which by the way was supposed to be free food tasting. Our cake tasting was free and Charles was very helpful (but we did not go with River Rock's patry because they were charging over $1000 for a display wedding cake!) You would imagine that it would be complimentary since they were charging us so much for the minimum amount on the venue. At another meeting we had for the wedding we ordered a slice of cake. It took over 30 mins to get it and had to ask for it 3 times. And when we did receive it the waitress asked us rudely,"So did you still want it or not?" And also added,"You order was placed in sequence and it just came up now." And again...no apology for the wait. My wedding coordinator asked Robbi if we could use an easel for our wedding photo for our reception...she then charged us $10 to borrow an EASEL! It was just non-stop charging us left and right. The wedding reception itself was a success becasue of the exceptional work of the catering staff! They were the only ones during my experience at the River Rock Hotel that was helpful. As soon as the reception was over my husband and I ordered room service. When we received our food the man at the door rudely grabbed my receipt that I was signing - I'm assuming he was in a hurry and left. The food was bland and the soup was warm. Not impressed. The morning after we called front desk to ask when breakfast was and she told us that we were not able to have breakfast because we did not pay for it. Very surprised at what she said, we told her that we just had our wedding reception here at the River Rock last night. She replied by saying,"Yes but unfortunately you are not able to have the breakfast because you did not pay." WOW! After spending so much money at this place we still received this type of treatment. I did however get a$200 voucher but gave it away because I NEVER WANT TO STAY OR EAT OR GO NEAR RIVER ROCK CASINO HOTEL EVER AGAIN! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN LOWER MAINLAND EVER!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear NgGuno,

I am deeply sorry that you had such a terrible experience with our sales and culinary team during the process of planning your wedding. This is not how the River Rock treats our guests and I will be speaking with our sales team directly to get to the bottom of this situation. I hope it would not be too much to ask to contact us directly so I can hear your story and work to resolve this for you. At your convenience please email Jana Yackel, Director os Sales at jyackel@riverrock.com.

Again, I am so sorry for your experience but thank you for coming forward to tell us about it.

Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was the second stay we have had here in less than a year. LOVE the beds. We were not here for the casino, but to eat and lay around on the last leg of our trip back to Oregon. We did not disappoint ourselves. Food was great, as usual. I was glad to see it is still really fresh choices and not the grease laden stuff you normally see at a buffet.

The only complaint I had this time was our room was stuffy and we could not get the air down. I called the front desk to see if I had somehow gotten amnesia and could not figure how to work a thermostat. No, I had not, they control it on their end and she asked me what temperature I wanted it. i did not like that for some reason. I wanted to be as manic as I wanted to with the thermostat on my own. I give her a cool number of 18 Celsius, it was 24C at that time, and she said she'd do what she could. Then I asked for more coffee pods and she said it was $5 a pod. No kidding. I don't think I feel like coffee anymore.

About two hours later we get a doorbell, because yeah there is a doorbell in this place for each room, and we find the maintenance guy there telling us we will not be going down to 18C but he could take us to 19C. Really. Okay. He proceeded to vacuum out the filter and left. It was never really cool in the room and it never went past 21C. I was so comfortable in the bed, I didn't care as much, as say if I were in a spring in my back kinda bed.. then we'd talk major star deduct right there.

Room Tip: There are many packages, the Penny package is the one we have used, go to the website and check thei...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear TravelInkitty,

WOW! Thank you so much for the glowing review. I am glad you love our beds and the amenities we provide in the rooms. I apologise for the thermostat issue in your room but amhappy that it was solved and you slept soundly. Your feedback is most important to us and we hope to have you stay again soon.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I can only review about their Casino as I live 15 minutes away from River Rock.
They have a lot of new slot machines, limited BlackJack and Bacarrat tables. They have a nice bar with different good bands playing nightly and guests would always have a good time. I had the pleasure of seeing Mike Tyson in person as he was the resort's guest of the evening.
The casino is always busy as it is always packed whenever i'm there. One thing that I don't like is their coffee. The roaming attendant is always in a hurry to fix drinks thus their coffee always tasted BLAH so i suggest to head directly to the bar and order your drinks from there.
They have a huge parking area. That's a big plus.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear wrkshy,

Thank you for your review of the casino! I apprecitae your feedback and am happy that you always enjoy your time spent with us. We hope to have you back again soon.

Roland Monteiro

Been to River Rock Casino Resort? Share your experiences!