“Mega sized sashimi” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Canada
“Mega sized sashimi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

fresh by the sea large sashimi chunks,uni,toro ,wild salmon,hamachi.
Priced below Vancouver and Richmond.
Recommend.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver, Canada
“A disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I was here a couple of nights ago with a friend. The ebi sunomono was fresh but the noodles were under cooked and hard. Also shared an agadashi tofu with my friend. There were six pieces of tofu, nicely garnished with shredded beets and greens but the coating was hard instead of delicately crunchy. The gomae was okay. We also ordered one of the rolls. I think the name was Hot and Crunchy, but it was so awful I promptly forgot its name. The crunch part was from fried panko which was sprinkled liberally on top, covering the entire roll. The hot part was a chili sauce on top of the panko topping. The inside was filled with prawns and possibly avocado. There was lots of Japanese mayo and the whole roll was bland and greasy.

The service was mediocre. However the decor was very pleasing with warm walls decorated with wooden tiles.

Nearby Ichiro is a better bet if you crave sushi. I am glad I tried but will not be back.

Richmond, Canada
“S U S H I E Enjoyable Eating Experence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Looking for a great new place to eat?Opened in May 2012. Try Mega Sushi in Steveston. VERY friendly staff, and FANTASTIC fresh food.I have been there about 7 times since it opened, and each time I find a special dish, to satisfy my hunger. It has a very warm atmosphere with the wood on the walls and a patio for our warmer and dryer days.
It has become very popular in a few months, and I recommend phoning for a reservation. It is somewhat small in square footage, so be prepared to sit next to someone new when you visit. It could be me!
ps. they have a take out menu too.

• Visited November 2012