“A great little pub” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish
Bangkok, Thailand
“A great little pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

A great atmosphere and the feel of a local pub even if you are not a local.
Has events throughout the year and a festive irish New Years Eve party that finishes early enough that you can go somewhere else to celebrate as well - great idea.
Wide selection of beer on tap and all the other usual drinks.
Tasty bar snacks and friendly service.
Has a liquor store attached with an amazing wine cellar as well as a good selection of micro brewery beers

Visited April 2013

63% Recommend
Vancouver, Canada
“Overpriced drinks, ok food, ok service...not worth a 2nd visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

After driving by this "Gastropub" many times en route to Steveston village, hubby & i finally visited O'Hare's on a Friday evening with another couple. We were seated quickly on their patio. The waitress didn't introduce herself & although she went thru all the movements of providing service, it didn't feel genuine. She came back a few times until we had all ordered drinks (she didn't seem like she was going to move on to taking food orders until we had each ordered an alcoholic beverage). Hubby had a well drink, my friend had a beer & my other friend & I each had a cocktail. (The drink menu was very limited, but the bar seemed accommodating to our requests.)
We each ordered an entrée & shared the calamari appetizer. The food was fairly-priced and tasted alright; nothing to complain about, but nothing to rave about either.
What I was shocked at was the price on our cocktails & the well-drink! At $8.50 each for simple drinks that lacked alcohol, one would've thought we were at a bar in downtown Vancouver! Seriously..I'm a "lightweight" when it comes to drinking and even a half-glass of wine will cause my Asian-flush to flare & I barely looked like I was embarrassed after finishing my drink!
I really wanted to like this place! The ambience is good, the location is good & it seems like their beer prices are good (my friend's Corona was only $5.50)...it's really too bad that I will never waste my hard-earned dollars here again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Canada
“Drive-by Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were in Richmond for a few days' R&R; part of that was meeting a friend for lunch. Also unfamiliar with Richmond, she had driven around this area and spotted O'Hare's as a possible lunch spot. We agreed, and decided to give it a try.

The interior was warm dark wood (but with lots or bight natural sunlight via larger windows) and typical of an "Irish" pub, and the greeting by the staff was warm and friendly. Being a nice afternoon, we chose to eat outdoors on their patio.

The food was excellent. I had Smithwick's Cod and Chips; the Smithwick's beer batter was amazing and the fish tender and moist. The mushy peas were excellent, as were the twice-cooked fries. Fish & Chips doesn't get much better than this!
My dining companions had Chicken Pot pie and Shepherd's Pie (both with the same sides), and both pies were pronounced excellent as well. The coffee and tea here were also very good.

Service was prompt and friendly throughout our meal. Our server was attentive but not obtrusive. Real, honest, service.

This pub was a real drive-by gem. We are very pleased we chose to stop and eat here -and although a fair distance from our usual hotel near YVR- we will definitely visit O'Hare's again when in Richmond.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Calgary, Canada
“Great food/staff/drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Guiness Pie is to die for!!! This is the best local watering hole! Love this place drinks are great decent price, and the food and staff are always amazing! Great irish pub! Best place to party on St.Patricks day :)

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richmond, Canada
“Great pub food, friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

We have been to this pub many times and have always had a good experience. If you are heading into the Steveston area, it is on the way.
They have great traditional pub food and a few other specials everyday on the chalkboard. For those who enjoy craft bear they have a great selection and I believe on Fridays they tap a keg of craft beer. The liquor store attached has a great selection of wine and beer. If you are looking for a sunny patio or a cozy place on those rainy nights I would highly recommend O'hares.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere