“Good location and value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel Airport (South)

You added Quality Hotel Airport (South) to your Saves list
Quality Hotel Airport (South)
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7228 Westminster Highway, Richmond, British Columbia V6X 1A1, Canada (City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Richmond
Victoria BC
“Good location and value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We decided to go to Vancouver for a couple of days to pick up some things that we can't get on the Island and for a change of scenery.
Even though we took our car over to get to some of the more out of the way places we needed to go we wanted a hotel that was close to a Skytrain station so that we could get downtown for dinner.
We picked the Quality Hotel and were super happy with our choice.

We paid $84 plus taxes for a non-smoking room with King size bed and a view of the park. The room was spotless, quiet and had everything we needed. The price also included Wifi, which worked well, local calls and secure parking.
You also get a buffet style buffet breakfast which offered such things as muffins, cereals, fruit salad, hard boiled eggs, bread or waffles that you could toast or waffle batter you could cook yourself on a waffle iron, orange or apple juice, tea and coffee.
The location is great with a number of pubs and restaurants close by, Brighouse station for the Skytrain is 3 blocks away as is Richmond Centre mall.
The staff were courteous and helpful and the building is well maintained and clean.

When we travel we usually fly out of Vancouver and due to the ferry schedule to the Island quite often have to overnight there before or after a flight. In the past we've stayed at the Accent Inn a number of times, I think from now on we'll be staying at the Quality Hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed for the first time and i am very happy. The rooms are clean, underground secured parking (though it is very tight for my truck) OK breakfast and feel happy for the price I got that room. They can add yogurt and some bages too to make it a big breakfast. All the staff are quite friendly. Richmond mall, skytrain station are within two blocks.It is very convenient for first time travellers. Next door Madgreek is handy for dinner time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have booked for multiple nights and ended up staying only for one night. Asked to checked out early, the front desk asked me to stay until the manager shows up. I waited for almost 1/2 hour to see him and the attitude and the way to treat guests, worst ever. What a day to start the long flight. DO NOT STAY. Go to other hotels. Breakfast is a joke and the beds are hard!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BC, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed here twice in October, for several days each time. Extremely quiet (we were on the park side), good price, friendly manager (Vijaay), and fast shuttle to airport. Restaurants, hospital, shopping center, mall, and exotically stocked supermarket all within easy walk. The manicured park right behind the hotel is beautiful. Breakfast (free) might be improved by some healthier cereal and better OJ, but that's nitpicking! We'll be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Essen, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed for a night end of september 2012 in the Quality Hotel Airport South in Richmond, BC, Canada, and had a very bad experience there!

My room had 6 (!) windows (like a showroom), was noisy (first floor directly above a huge intersection) and was totally uncomfortable (TV was old and not opposite the bed like it is standard but next to the bed on a table that I was not able to watch TV from my bed).
I made a notice about this to the lady at the front desk after entering first time this room and asked her friendly to give me another room because these circumstances I mention above. She said she would not have any other room available.

I returned to my room and began to unpack my luggage. I was arrived in Canada coming from Germany on this day by plane and so pretty tired from the long flight. I went to the bathroom for going to the toilet. After doing my "business" there I flushed the toilet. After that I had to flush it a second time to clean it up totally but the toilet flush did not work anymore! I noticed the front desk about this further travel deficiency and told the lady there that I want to see immediately the manager. She said he will be in the hotel in the morning.

Next morning when I checked out the hotel manager was on duty. Directly he started to assault me very unfriendly that it would be my fault to book just the "double bed" room and therefore the "cheapest" room type of his hotel. Therefore I could not expect a clean, quiet and comfortable room!
I was getting very angry about this arrogant and impertinent behaviour of the manager and told this person that I am not willing to pay for this horrible room and this absolutey unfriendly and inconvenient service! I have noticed also the customer service of Choice Hotels about this!

Stay absolutely away from this hotel and its impertinent management!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

this hotel is closed to the airport. My room was small (one double bed). The breakfast does not have a lot of choices. Shuttle service was on time and the driver was very polite. Closed to richmond No. 3 road. Very convenient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
South Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

the staff was helpful, close to food, few blocks from air train were the city was yours, day pass $9 covers bus, rail, water bus, worth every cent... the hotel was clean and had a ok breakfast. only stayed one night an was not able to fully check out all the facilities.

Room Tip: air port pick up and return.