“Excellent service, location and room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandman Signature Hotel Vancouver Airport

Save Saved
You added Sandman Signature Hotel Vancouver Airport to your Saves list
Sandman Signature Hotel Vancouver Airport
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   10251 St. Edwards Drive, Richmond, British Columbia V6X 2M9, Canada (East Cambie)   |
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Richmond
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Excellent service, location and room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I flew from Hong Kong, never having been to Vancouver before, a friend suggested this hotel for ease of access to the airport. We caught the shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Checked in by friendly efficient staff, who offerred advice on what we could do if we wanted to get about on public transport and what to see in the limited time we had. Our room was spacious AND THE BEDS! So comfortable and the sheets very soft..we tossed up about just staying in and get over the flight. But seeing some of Vancouver before sleep was very enticing. Shuttle took us back to airport, we caught the train into the Waterfront, walked a while, and did the trip in reverse. We slept so well,no aircraft noise - amazing, we booked in again for another night to do more sightseeing. Purchased a day pass on the train and with the shuttle bus all worked well. We flew out to Anchorage on our third day and were returning to Vancouver for a day or two at the end of our 7 night cruise. We felt like we were coming home, being welcomed by the staff - each shift different people but all with the same can do, welcoming attitude. Were to stay one night, we stayed two to be well rested for our return flight to Hong Kong. We liked the coffee maker and the ground coffee that was supplied was very good. I got to have coffee in bed each morning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Franklin J, General Manager at Sandman Signature Hotel Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments. I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your recent experience with us at the Sandman Signature Hotel & Resort Vancouver Airport and will ensure to share your comments with the team.

On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back not before too long

Best personal regards,
Franklin Jackson
Executive General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Needed a hotel close to the airport and choose this one. We arrived late and found nice big rooms with a good view of the city. We were even offered a complimentary drink at the local sports pub, the place also featured a restaurant that was open until 02 the free airport shuutle service started at 04 and ran with 15 min interval at peak hours. Good value for money

• Stayed May 2013
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

It's my first time to experience such terrible situation for a 3.5 rated hotel.
there is no micro-wave, no refrigrator, and we were arranged to a distant room far away from lobby where they declared they can provide such facility, AND, there is a quite noisy vending machine beside our room(a broken one since we found other vending machine don't make that kind of noise at all), AND, the room is quite old, the door has a obviously big crack around the lock, don't know what happened to this room in the before. We felt big discrimination for the arrangement and unhelpful clerk from front-desk. They can't move room for me, they were even told me microwave is not a problem, then told me they don't provide microwave at all when I call them again and ask when I can get it.
We booked for two nights, but we just can't stay for a single night at all since my son was crying for the noise and my wife is crazy about the terrible experience of this so called ' luxury hotel'.
tried to call the direct line number listed on the website, just get a voice mail message, left voice mail and get no returned call. called again to their front-desk. the so called manager Jonathan was rude and don't even want to listen why I leave. Felt big discrimination just because I booked it through hotwire for a cheaper price, still not cheap for the room& service.

Stay away from them!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Nanaimo, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for one night, April 18th, 2013. It was the worst place we have ever stayed. We arrived late with 4 big suitcases as we had just arrived home from Hawaii, we had a wondeful holiday there. When we checked in we were very tired and hungry, the desk clerk stuck us on the first floor which would have been okay, but our room was a long ways from the front desk. We struggled down hallways through 2 sets of heavy doors that don't stay opened, you needed a map to find the room. We dropped off our luggage and headed for the Shark Club for something to eat, excellent. The room was freezing all night and in the morning, even though the heat was turned up as high as it would go. Early in the morning we were woken up by the housekeepers talking and banging around, not very considerate. We could also hear other guests talking and the blow dryer going, not sound proof at all. We found a cheerio on the carper, yuk!
Needless to say this place is terrible and we wouldn't recommend it. We got out of there as fast as we could. We checked out at 9am, told the desk clerk this was the worst place we have ever stayed at, the room was freezing and not clean, housekeepers noisy, not sound proof, she couldn't have cared at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Franklin J, General Manager at Sandman Signature Hotel Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am disappointed to learn that your time with us was well below the expectation that you have come to expect from the Sandman Signature Hotel & Resort Vancouver Airport. Certainly, this is not typical of the level of accommodation and service for which our hotel is well known for, and I wish to extend our sincere apologies for your discomfort and inconvenience.

As it seems that our on-duty staff member was unable to resolve your concerns to your satisfaction, I would invite you to contact my office directly so that I may work with you to resolve this situation to your satisfaction.

I look forward to hearing from you...

Franklin Jackson
Executive General Manager
Direct line: 604 276 1144
Comox, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Staff at the Sandman Signature are exceptional. Recently I stayed with my 2 year old son who loves planes. They provided us an amazing room on the 20th floor with stunning views out to the North Shore mountains and overlooking the airport. Everything was accommodated for. The Balcony proved to be a major attraction as we sat out in the wonderful warm night air. The soundproofing in the rooms is very impressive. I was astounded that you couldn't hear any airplane noise at all. The waterslide was great fun!!
I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The Columbia Tower has amazing views!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

booked this hotel on hotwire so it was a book for a good price and then find out which hotel you get..the hotel itself is modern ,clean and with helpful front desk staff....our room was on floor nine in one of the towers....there was free Wi-Fi but it was slow....they could also update the tv sets in the rooms too..........the airport shuttle was handy and fast...all in all not a bad hotel..its a little out of the way of good restaurants

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Airdrie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I keep coming back to this hotel in Vancouver. A great value (coporate rates!) and good location for me to connect on routes heading to either downtown, PoCo, Surrey, or Annicis Island. The proximity to the airport would work well for anyone needing a close place to stay...regular airport shuttles would eliminate the need for a taxi or car rental.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sandman Signature Hotel Vancouver Airport? Share your experiences!