“awesome!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Vancouver Airport

You added Hilton Vancouver Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Vancouver Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5911 Minoru Boulevard, Richmond, British Columbia V6X 4C7, Canada (City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Richmond
BC
“awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

very surprised to find our room was more like a mini suite with a separate sitting area. Short walk to local mall with everything you need or may have forgotten (never happens right?). Starbucks at hotel around the corner in neighouring hotel for those of us who just need that morning jolt.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very clean, quiet and comfortable. Right in the heart of Richmond and close to the airport. Excellent sound proofing means you see the planes but you don't hear the planes. Close to the Richmond Night Market and a short drive to Steveston.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Close to Vancouver Airport. Free shuttle that is reliable and frequent. Shuttle driver is very helpful, friendly, and flexible. Front desk staff friendly and helpful. Room clean and traditional. In last few weeks stayed in a king room and Jr suite. Towels could be less worn. Street noise was a bother (even on 9th floor).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I am giving the Hilton a 1 out of 5 because I had a terrible night's sleep on the sofa bed despite my mom having slept well in the King bed.

Do not book a suite at the Hilton if you are planning to actually sleep in the sofa bed. If you want a suite with a sofa bed, stay somewhere else where like the Marriott (which I normally use). I chose the Hilton because the room looked more modern and more importantly, at a lower price. A regrettable decision.

The Hilton should not advertise a suite with a sofa bed (mattress and sheets) if it is not up to the same standard as the rest of the suite. Ditto for the sound proofing. Although I did not hear any noise from the adjacent suites, the noise from the construction site across the street permeated through the balcony door.

Here are the details:
We checked in early just after 11am on July 24th and dropped off our bags in suite #903. It was not until after we got back late from dinner that I realized the sofa bed was in terrible condition. There were some holes on the sides of the bed sheet covering the mattress. Not to be deterred from this, and being so late in the evening (after 11:30pm), I lay down and could feel the springs across my back / shoulders. A closer inspection revealed a sagging mattress and thin pad underneath that seemed to be as old as the hotel - definitely needs to be replaced. Moreover, the extra blanket I took out of the drawer also had some small holes in it. See the photos below.

I called the front desk and Simon came up with extra sheets. He apologized for the poor condition of the sofa bed and holes in the sheet. There wasn't much he could do at this point except to replace the bed sheet and put on extra sheets to try and provide more padding. There were no replacement mattress pads available. Moreover, he noted all the sofa beds were likely in the same condition, and that I should provide my comments to the front desk at checkout. If not for the fact that my mom was asleep in the next room, I would have demanded another suite, so I made the best of it.

I awoke earlier than planned the next morning to the sound of trucks backing up and hammering from the construction across the street that permeated through the balcony door next to the sofa bed. I did not get a chance to provide my comments to the Hilton management the next day as we had in a rush to leave to catch our flight after getting back later than planned from lunch.

In summary, the staff was friendly and helped us to catch the shuttle bus to the airport but the construction across the street and poor condition of the sofa bed made for an unpleasant and very disappointing stay given the Hilton's reputation.

Room Tip: Avoid room 903!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gary C, General Manager at Hilton Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Terry,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the deficiencies that you experienced, this is clearly not a positive reflection on our hotel and a far cry from the usual high standards that we set for ourselves.

We have inspected all of our rooms with sofa beds and you are correct, there are a few that need some attention. We are in the process of rectifying this by replacing some of the mattresses and mechanisms. Where required, we are also added additional mattress pads.

Being an airport hotel our rooms are quite soundproof from exterior noise so I was surprised to hear about the disruption from the adjacent condominium construction. However we have the option of moving our guests to the opposite side of the building if this is a concern to them.

Once again, thank you for bringing these comments to my attention, we try very hard to offer the best service possible and hope we can welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Richmond.

Gary Collinge
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The staff are what make this hotel amazing!!!!! They are so friendly and bend over backwards to help you. I stay here all the time. The rooms and the views are fantastic. The hotel has ample parking and the rooftop pool is awesome.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Pulled up to the hotel at night - awning there, but no valet parking - went to front desk and they advised there is no valet, and I have to self park in a huge parking lot which is not visible from the lobby, they said they have security walking around - not good enough for me and I almost cancelled my reservation and left - however, another girl at the desk said I could park in the 15 minute parking and leave my car there overnight - I accepted the offer and the rest of my stay was pleasant - as a woman travelling along, I refuse to park in parking lots that are not visible by the property and was not impressed - would not stay there again for that reason, unless they could confirm I could have that premium parking spot again - restaurant was nice and staff was accommodating

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Powell River, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed overnight enroute home from business trip and was pleasantly surprised with the staff and accommodations. I have stayed in different hotels in the immediate vicinity and this was by far the best for cleanliness, service and comfort!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Vancouver Airport? Share your experiences!