“Nice, clean room, but far from the city.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport

You added Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10720 Cambie Road, Richmond, British Columbia V6X 1K8, Canada (East Cambie)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Richmond
Los Angeles, California
“Nice, clean room, but far from the city.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stayed there September 2012. In the drop down menu, I selected January 2013, but only because that was the earliest option to select. The rooms were clean, and everything about the hotel was good. There was a McDonalds right next door too. It was kind of far from the main, downtown Vancover area. Since I rented a car, I just drove into the city, so I had no problem.

Although, my travelling partner has asthma, and I don't remember, but I think that this hotel allows dogs. We just asked for a no-dog room, and we were completely happy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Beaver Creek, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have stayed here a few times, always booked through Hotwire. It's a newer hotel, so the rooms are spacious and everything works nicely; no nickel-and-diming on things like Internet and TV. Service at the front desk is good. There is an in-hotel bar & grill, and an IHOP, McDonalds and Denny's within easy walking range but for the most part this is out on the highway in Richmond. There is the free airport shuttle bus, and there is a public transit bus stop about 100m from the hotel, but if you're looking to be right in the heart of Richmond or Vancouver, this will not be for you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Fort Myers
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This property is a very nice hotel for the moderate price. We chose the advance option booking to receive a free breakfast for up to two in the adjoining restaurant. The room was very clean and well appointed and the breakfast choices were excellent. The free airport shuttle will be the best reason to stay here because it was on time (hour and half hour from the airport and 40/10 after to the airport) and the driver was courteous and helpful. It took only 10 minutes to the hotel and the check-in was easy. We arrived at 8:00 and the only restaurants nearby are the adjoining hotel restaurant and a McDonalds (across the parking lot). We chose the McDonalds and were happy with the service and prices. We were meeting a cruise ship here and the transition to downtown was easy.

Room Tip: This tip is not about the rooms but rather about the train to downtown. If you take the free shuttl...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel was booked by a tour company for a night stay before flying out the next morning. The room was fine and dinner at the attached restaurant was fine. On check-in, the hotel asked for a credit card imprint for incidentals. The next morning when I checked out, my statement showed a zero balance (the night stay was paid for by the tour company). Two days later a charge for the stay showed up on my credit card (I didn't find this out till I returned a couple weeks later when I returned from my trip). When I called to ask about the charge, I was told that the reason no charge showed up when I checked out was because they had charged me immediately on check-in (something no hotel has ever done). When I asked how come it didn't show up for two days on my credit card as a transaction, I was told that this was because they didn't charge my card till midnight the next day! When I asked if the tour company paid for any other rooms the night I was there, they said no, they hadn't. After contacting my tour company and filing a complaint with my credit card company, I did get a credit to my credit card. However it is clear that the management will make up the most absurd rationale to justify their actions and not assist you in trying to resolve problems.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Generalmanager3, General Manager at Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Hello,

I am very concerned by your comments and would like to have a chance to discuss with you so I can get more details to figure out who checked you in and out to determine what the next course of action to retrain our associates is. I am surprised to hear of the credit card imprint as we do not do credit card imprints we are 100% paperless.

I am happy to hear that the accommodation was fine and the restaurant worked for your needs.

If you could please email me at gmgr@hiyvr.com

Regards,

Andrew
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night after a midnight arrival at the airport. Was not expecting much as had not paid much through a discount travel site. Room was small (king bed) but very clean. Bed was comfortable, different types of pillows.

Parking was $5 (cheap for the area). Common areas were clean.

Breakfast was included and had lots of options – eggs, hash browns, bacon, waffles, pancakes, cereals, yogurt, bread and pastries.

For a quick stay, you can’t beat the price. In fact, it was about $10 more for this room than we paid for breakfast at a nearby hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

First the good. Rooms were very clean, they felt new and well kept. Breakfast at the a joining restaurant was very good, and the hotel staff was very helpful.
Now the bad. Check in took a ridiculous amount of time. I have no idea what the heck he was typing in that darn computer, but it seemed like he was writing a novel. He asked if we wanted one bed or two. My husband said one... BIG mistake! Utterly the worst bed I've ever slept in. Yikes. It was a Murphy bed and OMG it was horrible. Strange because it seems they put a lot of effort into granite counter tops in bathroom, first rate cabinets,drapes, a fairly decent tv, but the number one thing your there for ..SLEEP...seemed to be bottom of list. I also hate having the coffee maker in bathroom, it's just not sanitary. There was no shuttle to the south terminal which is where the seaplanes take off from. The last place we stayed did have that option. So all in all, we won't stay again.

Room Tip: Never accept a one bed room...or at least make sure it isn't a murphy bed!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Generalmanager3, General Manager at Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear about your mattress experience. Based on your comments we will be changing the bedding immediately. I am glad that you noticed how clean our rooms are and that you enjoyed your breakfast in our restaurant. I would like to speak to you if you could please send me your contact info so I may call you.

Thanks,

Andrew
G.M.

gmgr@hiyvr.com
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We found this property to be quite clean and comfortable. Free laundry facilities were available to guests, it was great to have a 'big' wash. Restaurant was there on the premises, both service and quality was very good. The free shuttle to the airport was fantastic. Recommend this property for a quick stopover to the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport? Share your experiences!