“Clean, comfortable room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport

You added Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10720 Cambie Road, Richmond, British Columbia V6X 1K8, Canada (East Cambie)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Richmond
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Arkansas
“Clean, comfortable room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is a good hotel close to the airport if you have an early morning flight. Shuttle leaves every 30 minutes and was on time. It's clean, looks recently updated, front desk friendly and helpful. Apparently, it's farther from the Richmond harbor than we thought - a cab ride is easily $30. And the harbor has lots of good restaurants, if you don't want just someplace to eat and don't care about the view. Room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Bathroom was spacious with lots of hot water.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night. The shuttle from the airport was very convenient. Room looked pretty decent until we laid down in the bed and I found a dried up pair of used contact lenses under my pillow. After pulling down the bedspread to check the rest of it we found a yellow spot on the bottom sheet. We called the front desk and got a new room that was cleaned, but they didn't offer us anything else for our troubles. The restaurant was pretty yummy and the bartender was friendly. Don't think I'd stay here if I'm ever in Vancouver again though.

• Stayed September 2013
Kamloops, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel on a business trip and was, again, very favourably impressed. Even though there was a mix-up with my reservation, I was treated with the utmost courtesy and respect, in a very professional manner. Front-desk staff went out of their way to resolve the problem to my satisfaction, including making necessary calls, etc.

The lobby is bright and inviting and my room was clean, well made-up, and equipped with everything I would need. In spite of being so near the airport, I did not find noise from the many nearby planes to be intrusive at all.

Any housekeeping staff I encountered were polite and happy to assist as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

There were many positives about this hotel for me. I was only staying in Vancouver for the night and I chose the hotel because I usually have a pretty good experience with the IHG brand. Conveniently, it has a shuttle to/from the main terminal as well as a restaurant on site. I was concerned about it being so close to a major highway; however, you didn't even notice it was there while inside the building. My room was nicely decorated and clean though some parts are definitely showing wear (mostly in the bathroom). My real frustration was the difficulty with the wireless. The room was at the very end of the hall way - when I was in the lobby I could easily connect to the WiFi on my iPad. While in my room, the signal strength was so terrible that I couldn't even get a connection (most of the time it wouldn't even show up on the WiFi list). I did let the front reception know; however, they were not able to resolve the issue. Just makes the stay a bit disappointing when you're trying to do a bit of work.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Generalmanager3, General Manager at Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. We recognize the internet as a problem with more and more travellers carrying numerous wireless devices it at times overloads. We are in the process of Installing a dedicated Fiber Line as of November 6 we will have our new Fiber installed along with updated routers which will eliminate any further internet connectivity problems. I am glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay and I am truly sorry about the connection problems.

Regards,

Andrew
General manager
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Most airport hotels are noisy and just so-so for accomodations. Holiday Inns are, well, nothing special, but this one was excellent with nicely decorated rooms, no airplane noises sneaking into your room and very friendly, helpful staff. If you need to stay near the airport in Vancouver, this is the place to stay.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 1night pre-cruise on a rewards night voucher. Shuttle runs every half hour at the top and bottom of the hour. Seems to be prompt and was great for us. Property was clean and looked new. Have a rating of 4 due to 2 minor issues. 1) WiFi didn't work in our room, had to go to lobby or down the hall. 2) Guy that works early morning needs a better attitude. Evenings and days people were friendly and helpful but guy early morning was not. Shout out to John L, great guy. Ate at McDonald's for breakfast, right next door. Would stay here again. if in area.

• Stayed September 2013
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We booked a room at La Quinta online but their system was in error and no room was available when we arrived. They were prepared for us when we arrived and had already reserved a room for us at Holiday Inn and sent us there.
We paid $129 + Tax for a 2 x QS room without breakfast. Room was very clean, quiet and comfortable. We had a great sleep. It had no breakfast included like La Quinta but was about $28 cheaper so really the same value. There is a McDonald's about 100 metres from the Holiday Inn and we ended up just having a Big Breakfast at McDonald's rather than using the hotel restaurant.
Parking was fine. WiFi excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport? Share your experiences!