“Great value good stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Accent Inn Vancouver Airport

You added Accent Inn Vancouver Airport to your Saves list
Accent Inn Vancouver Airport
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   10551 St Edwards Dr, Richmond, British Columbia V6X 3L8, Canada (Formerly Accent Inn Stay'n Save) (East Cambie)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Inn that Saved Christmas
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Richmond
Nanaimo, Canada
“Great value good stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

We always stay here when leaving from the Vancouver airport . great staff , free Wi Fi and 24 hour shuttle
Coffee , airport checkin ,newspaper coffee and it seems like everything you need for a good nights slept when heading out for vacation or arriving home
If you stay often enough you can even get a free night

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
dmgr2, Manager at Accent Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear canadiangirl959,
on behalf of our Canadian owned chain, thanks for the great review "eh". Seriously, we really appreciate the fact that you keep coming back. The best compliment we could ever ask for. Looking forward to your next visit (even if it's free!)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Shawnigan Lake, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Best prices, clean rooms, friendly, accommodating staff, free shuttle service! Very hospitable! Free wifi, nice housekeepers, prompt wake up calls... Will definitely stay here again anytime we travel!

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Eryncat2000,
you forgot one thing.. we also have the best guests! Thanks for the wonderful review and hope to see you again soon.
Nanaimo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Hello, we arrived late (thanks for the shuttle) on a cold evening, after 30 hours of travel. Very tired we got to our room to find the heater did not work. Letting the front desk know, they quickly found us another room, started the heater and the clerk brought us a complementary hot chocolate right to our room. We have stayed here several times before and after flights and always found the staff to be friendly, and to go out of their way to help. Thanks for the great service. See you again.

Brian and Lynn
Nanaimo, BC

Room Tip: Great breakfasts at the Ihop on premises.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Brian and Lynn,
Thanks so much for the review. Sorry about the first heater and glad our team took good care of such wonderfully loyal customers. Looking forward to your next visit!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Often when I travel, it is a mixture of business and pleasure so it is always nice to find a hotel that offers the resources to work, with the comfort and escapism needed to fully relax and enjoy time off.

One such place is the Accent Inns Airport Hotel in Richmond B.C. Located close to the airport and several bars and restaurants, the hotel is a comfortable place for travelers to stay for both business and leisure.

My first night at the hotel underscored the versatility of the locale as I was able to plug into the free internet access and work while I relaxed in one of the hotels suites. The spacious front room included a work desk, phone, chairs, as well as the usual couch and table. What really gave the unit a home away from home feel was the inclusion of a mini fridge, stove, and microwave aside from the standard television.

A door separated the front room from the hallway that lead to the bathroom and bedroom. The bedroom was very comfy and also included a television as well as closet space and a clock radio and telephone.

The hotel paid attention to little details like including a fire extinguisher in the room, as well as stocked cupboards that included pots, pans, flatware, cups, and more to allow guests to cook from their unit. This came in very handy when my wife arrived Friday night and wanted to try some of the leftover from the previous night.

My first night in the hotel was hectic for me, as I had to login to find where I was supposed to go on a film set the next day and the helpful staff not only provided me with directions to the desired locale but also a connection cable for my laptop so I could access my e-mail from my room. (The hotel also has free net access in the lobby as well as a flight check in terminal).

As anyone can tell you, working with films can be very tiring as was the case with me and an early morning set call. As soon as the days shooting was done, I had to get downtown to pick up my wife who was traveling in that night due to a schedule conflict that prevented her from coming up with me the previous night. You can imagine how after a early morning and full day on set, as well as a drive during rush hour over a holiday weekend downtown and back, we were ready to relax.

The hotel once again had everything we could want with a relaxing hot tub, and a spacious and quiet room to return to after dining at the onsite International House of Pancakes.

The next morning required me to be up to speak at a conference at a nearby hotel and once again the staff was dead on with directions which allowed me to be back to the room by 1:00PM so we could finally relax and enjoy our weekend.

After spending the day at the Vancouver Aquarium and beautiful Stanley Park, we were worn down and ready for a quiet evening in.

Once again the hotel stepped up as we were able to get dinner and eat in our room, while we relaxed on the couch. Most hotels only offer limited cable stations, but the Accent had a full range of the local stations and we were able to watch the season premiere of Battlestar Galactica instead of having to wait until we returned. I mention this as many people at the conference bemoaned that their fancy and very costly hotel did not offer the network that carried the show in their rooms.

It is little touches like this that allow for guests to unwind, as when they are away from home, they want to know that comforts they are used to at home, can be easily obtained should they desire them.

The room also included free local calls and pay per view movies and games. Simply put, this was one of the most enjoyable stays I have ever had and the versatility of the hotel to handle both my business and tourist needs was superior to most hotels including the more posh hotels with very high rates that say they cater to business guests but nickel and dime you for everything from calls to net access.

I got the chance to visit the hotel again in December and was amazed at some nice changes that were in place since I last visited in October. The newest addition was the flat screen television in the main room. With heavy snow on the roads and huge crowds out doing their last minute shopping, it was a nice welcome home to return to the hotel and have cookies and hot chocolate waiting in the front lobby.

The staff clearly had the saftey of the guests in mind as they closed the stairwells due to ice and had access to the upper levels only through the elevators. While this did require more time in the cold, it was a far better option than trying to climb multiple stairs adorned with ice.

When we had to leave the following morning, the staff provided me a map with an alternate route home. While it was longer than my usual way, it had been suggested to me as a better option to avoid the worst of the traffic and weather that had arrived. At first the route seemed out of the way, but eventually I was on the highway with very little traffic around me.

As scenic as the area was adorned with snow and Christmas decorations, I look forward to visiting again in the warmer weather and truly enjoying this fantastic place to get away.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Johnfromaccentinns, Public Relations Manager at Accent Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Garethmb,
Thanks so much for the detailed 5 star review. We love working with the film business at all of our locations around BC. Make sure we get your autograph next time...not just on the reg card..lol Looking forward to your next visit.
Squamish, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I booked the Accent Inn for my parents to have a 14 day parking spot when going on vacation. I informed them that my mother was disabled. When they got to the hotel it was less money than quoted, they gave them the room asked for and when they learned that getting on the shuttle would be a little difficult they offered a free taxi service that included bringing the electric wheelchair to the airport for free. Above and beyond, thank you so much.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Comox, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

3 level motel outside entrance which can make room feel cool. Only restaurant nearby seems to be IHOP when you are not driving. Pickup at airport on the half hour you do not call just wait and it gos to a few hotels. Room nice not exceptional. Small exercise room and sauna. You can call direct and book a stay and park. I did not hear the street noise but a lot of doors being shut once at 2 am.
Not sure I would stay here again I like hotels better.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Terrace, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I love the service, free shuttle to/from the airport and the cleanliness of the rooms. Good value for your money.
I contacted them via the internet and the response was very quick. The room was nice and clean, the bed comfortable - the only problem i had was the inablility to turn off the TV - the remote didn't seem to work very well and even physically turning off the TV didn't work.
I appreciated the ground floor room and the front desk staff are very efficient and friendly.
Definitely will stay there again.

Room Tip: All around good value.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Debbie K,
Thanks for the really great review. Sorry about the weird TV issue. You just can't trust technology these days.... lol
You didn't mention what the result was but I'm assuming you were looked after based on your comments overall.
Looking forward to your next visit with us!

Been to Accent Inn Vancouver Airport? Share your experiences!