We stayed at this hotel on our way back from Mexico. Our plane landed in Vancouver at 1:40am and we just stayed there to close our eyes for a few hours before heading home (another 3 hour ferry trip/drive). We were only in the hotel for about 8 hours total.
I rated the value of this hotel as "5" because I booked it on Hotwire for $45/night. I would have been very disappointed to pay the regular rates, but for $45, you can't go wrong.
The rooms were very small but adequate. The bathroom looked like it had been updated somewhat, with the exception of the actual sink and tub faucets, which were definitely original. There was an iron, ironing board, small fridge, desk, chair and coffee table in the room, along with a decent size TV. I think the hotel is rated on Hotwire as a 2 star, but I think 2 stars might be pushing it a little.
The positive sides of this hotel are that there is a shuttle running between the airport and the hotel (though that service stops at midnight), parking is free, there is 24 hour check in (the front desk was very helpful and we got a late check out with no problem), and there is a restaurant attached to the hotel. This is also near many fast food and chain restaurants so getting a bite to eat is convenient.
I would probably book this hotel again for a SHORT stay, especially if I could get a deal like the one I got this time. I would NOT recommend this hotel for anyone who is staying more than one or two nights, or anyone who is used to higher-end hotels (i.e. Delta Suites).
If I had to pay regular prices, I would likely stay at the Accent Inn instead. I think for a comprable price you get a better room and facilities. However, if you can get a Hotwire deal, this is the way to go for a short stay.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Vancouver Airport
- Travelodge Hotel Richmond
- Travelodge Richmond
- Travel Lodge Richmond
- Richmond Travel Lodge
- Richmond Travelodge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose from a wide selection of room types, featuring spectacular city views or glorious mountain views. Complimentary high speed internet is available in all rooms to accompany our spacious work desks. Rooms also offer mini-fridges and microwaves for your convenience. Our onsite Pantry restaurant is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner or relax after a long day in Alexander's Lounge. Enjoy our indoor pool and hot tub or try out our new fitness centre. Meeting space available for 10 to 50 people. Whether you are here for business or leisure we are conveniently located to all major attractions and shopping and we look forward to hosting you at our world class hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Travelodge Hotel Vancouver Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.