“clean, quiet, elegant, all your money's worth, friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Vancouver Airport

You added Fairmont Vancouver Airport to your Saves list
Fairmont Vancouver Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3111 Grant McConachie Way | PO Box 23798, Richmond, British Columbia V7B 1X9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20% on Room & Dining
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort McMurray, Canada
“clean, quiet, elegant, all your money's worth, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

The rooms were spacious, clean, and elegant. My son enjoyed using the telescope included in the room to view the airplanes and mountains. On our second stay, we we're on the Gold level, where the rooms were more elegant and spacious than they're regular rooms. The best hotel to stay for our stopover in Vancouver, it's right inside the airport, no rental car nor taxi's needed.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Tofino Ucluelet
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

I don't typically write reviews on Trip Advisor, however I felt after reading the reviews prior to staying, I should write a review because stay exceeded my expectations.On April 10th I travelled with my partner and children to pick up our daughter from YVR. We were a bit leary of price initially(travelling with kids), however I can say price is 110% worth staying. I would even just travel there solely to just stay there for a night. We were on the 6th floor, runway side room, the room was fabulous, the views definitely had the "wow factor". Beds were super comfortable with duck down comforter, high end pillows....they don't skimp when it comes to quality! The walk through the airport to get our daughter was a breeze, hotel is right in airport, so convenient! We were impressed, and we will definitely be returning, and now we are 110% stuck on Fairmont Hotel chains.

Room Tip: *Ask for view of runway!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
FairmontYVR, General Manager at Fairmont Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, April 25, 2011
Thank you for your posting. It is always gratifying to know that we have met (or exceeded!) the needs and expectations of our guests. Comments such as yours confirm to us that we are maintaining consistently high standards of service. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Fairmont Vancouver Airport in the future.
Winnipeg, MB Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

This hotel was perfect for a late night YVR arrival with a kid. Hotel was easy to find, room was really comfortable and clean. Loved the telescope looking over the runway. Lots of choices for breakfast in the airport. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your posting. We are so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kathmandu, Nepal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

Stayed here on the last night of a convention trip to Vancouver. The location and convenience of walking steps to checkin for a flight cannot be beat and that is the best thing about this hotel.

The room we had carpet had stains, the sheets were threading and their was hair (not ours) in the bed - so gross.

Breakfast was on the main floor, had a decent coffee but the yogurt was too warn and possibly sitting out for longer than healthy. I was OK though as I am from Nepal and very tough.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
kelowna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

Had to stay here because my flight was cancelled. I was greeted at the stairs going up to the hotel and taken up there by the doorman, who was charming. Got a discount on the room because it was late and wow, when I opened the door - LOVED the room. Large bathroom, bath separate to shower, closed off toilet room, very large mirror, one sink, granite counter. Huge bedroom with desk. I liked how you could control all the lights by hitting one switch or separately. Comfortable bed and nice cotton sheets. Huge window to look at airport, worried it would be noisy but no, not until about 7 a.m. then jets but really pretty quiet considering. I loved this hotel and would likely stop over in Vancouver just to go there for a treat. Way nicer than any in Montreal, Toronto or others in Vancouver. Would have liked free internet.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

Well, the stay was good, where I was received on the departure level, my bags taken off and I went for check-in. It was just an overnight transit, leaving early the next morning, and with a quick checkin I went to my room. Ordered room service, the fries were slightly lacking, but nothing horrible. The one complaint I have is that the telephone service acted as a central hub of some sorts, and it was really annoying to get around that. The service was in general good, just one minor complaint, there was no soap in my bathroom, had to request it twice. Also, I asked for them to take my room service, and they never did citing that I didn't leave it outside. This is the first time I have seen this attitude, but I saw it again later in the Redmond Marriott so figured this is natural for Canadian/US Hotels.

As I was in a Fairmont Gold Room, I got the free shoe polish done, but I wasn't allowed to take my breakfast in the public restaurant, only in the club lounge. That was annoying as I was the only one in during that time, so it took a while for the staff to realize I was there, also when you are traveling solo, it's always nice to see other people. Check-out was pleasant, taxi was called for and I was off.

Overall pleasant stay with minor service inconvenience

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Prince George, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

This place is the perfect option for someone who has an early flight out of Vancouver International. Entry to the hotel is via the inside of the airport so you can get out of bed early in the morning and walk to your check in counter without having to worry about taxis, traffic, bad weather, etc. Rooms are beautiful. Ours faced north with a great view of the planes landing. We had a telescope in our room so we could get a great look to the mountains on the North shore. Nice touch! Not the cheapest place to stay but we got the government employee rate which shaved $70 off our bill. Room was spacious with a great variety of pillows. Even though it overlooks the runway it is quiet and we had no trouble getting a good night's sleep. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairmont Vancouver Airport? Share your experiences!