“Girls weekend away” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel

You added Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7551 Westminster Highway, Richmond, British Columbia V6X 1A3, Canada (City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Campbell River, Canada
“Girls weekend away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

We recently stayed at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport on Westminster Hwy in Richmond, BC. My girlfriend and I were celebrating our birthdays...we had flown in from our respective home towns and used the complimentary shuttle that picks up and drops off at the Vancouver International Airport (YVR). We had a nice room with two queen beds. We found the hotel and rooms very clean, well laid out and the lobby/entrance area was very nice. The Hotel staff were great to deal with and most helpful..Seeing as we didn't have a vehicle we used the nearby Canada Line Subway system so we could go downtown Vancouver shopping and we also were able to walk to the Richmond Centre which was just up the road from the hotel. My only complaint was that the rooms were on the small side and not a lot of places to store your luggage, also the bathrooms were quite small, but I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

I stayed just one night got to the hotel at 11:40 checked in and made a 600am wake up call that never came.Not a good start to the morning.I also called down at 12:00am to get a bath towel but it never came.Room service was good.room was nice . bed was way to soft.lobby was nice. staff was nice also.over all i was happy but they need to get the little things right.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
victoria, bc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

Just average airport hotel for us, the beds are very soft. They worked for one night but wouldn't want them every night. The shuttle was very good. We would stay again.
In today's age I always drop one star for not supplying free internet, otherwise I give this a 4 star recommendation.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

I booked this hotel (via Hotwire) due to an evening arrival at YVR followed by a departure the next morning to Victoria. I used the hotel shuttle, which is shared with the nearby Hilton and Marriott, both to get to the hotel and then back to the airport to catch the bus to Victoria. Absolutely no problems using the shuttle.

The front desk clerk was very helpful in giving me information about the Pacific Coach Lines bus to Victoria. The hotel has a restaurant and a Starbucks in the lobby. My room was very comfortable - full bath, two double beds, flat screen TV with good channel selection. I ordered a hamburger and salad from room service, and both were good. I couldn't get the internet to work, but I didn't contact anyone about this, so I'm not sure what the issue was.

Overall, great experience, and I'd definitely recommend it if you need an airport hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Vancouver Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

This hotel used to be owned by another group, but then the Sheraton took it over and did a major overhaul. Improvements over what used to be there from the perspective of someone travelling with a Golden retriever:
you can choose your bed size and not have the hotel tell you that the only dog-friendly rooms they have have two double beds; big plus.
No extra charge for bringing your dog.
Doggie bed and water and food dishes provided
The renos are not without cost-recuperation. Many of the fringe benefits are pay by use, for example our room had wireless, HDMI hookup, mini-fridge, plus many movies. In-room Internet is not free, however the hotel retained its lobby computers with free 45 min (I think that's how long I got) of Internet use per day.
We got a king-size bed which, being new, had a super poofy cushion-top. This is great for melting into the bed, but if you're used to a much firmer bed, this may not be a plus for you. The pillows are also all new so they are poofy too. I am not a lover of poofy pillows so if you aren't a fan of sleeping with your neck at an elevated angle, remember to bring your own pillow.
Hot tub wasn't very hot and there were no change rooms near it so you have to change in your room and walk across the entire hotel, wet and dry, to get to it.
First hotel I've been in that offers perks for choosing to NOT get your room cleaned ($5 card to use elsewhere in the hotel, like Starbucks, the bar, the restaurant).
Real chicken soup! My spouse was ill so I didn't mind spending the $8 on a bowl of this quality soup.
Housekeeping: Impeccable! No dust on top of the headboard or picture frames! Got a vacuum on a stay-over night.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Aylmer, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

My mother (89 yrs old), my sister and I were in BC to attend my nephew's wedding and enjoy the province afterwards. Miguel, one of the staff on the front desk, made us feel most welcome from the moment we arrived. He seemed to know what we needed before we knew. He was a wonderful advocate for Sheraton Hotels. All of the staff at this hotel were friendly and helpful but Miguel stood out to all three of us so I thought I should let you know that.
The title of my review lets you know that I did not enjoy the hotel beds, nor did my sister. My mother on the other hand thought they were fine. When I got into the bed, I felt like I was drowning; the mattress was too soft and the duvet too heavy. Also, my mobility while in bed was restricted for the same reasons.
I would definitely recommend your hotel to others travelling to Vancouver. I would advise them about the beds but also advise them that the restaurant, gift shop, staff, and amenities more than make up for having a restricted sleep.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

What makes this hotel stands out is its amazing staff.
We stayed at this hotel on 8/26 for 2 nights. Smooth check-in. Without any hassle, we got the room on the top floor as requested. The room was spacious, with a comfortable bed and a sparkling bathroom. More importantly, it’s quiet and clean. The location is in walking distance to the transit and restaurants. The staff at concierge (I think his name is John) was very friendly and helpful. I will stay here again! The only thing about any hotel is why do they have to charge for internet and parking??

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!