“Great Overall” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel

You added Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7551 Westminster Highway, Richmond, British Columbia V6X 1A3, Canada (City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Richmond
Woodbridge, Canada
“Great Overall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I booked this hotel from Hotwire for a good rate. We stayed for 6 nights Aug21 to Aug27. We’ve two families traveled from Banff to Vancouver. When we stayed in the king bedroom suites in Banff, everyone enjoyed the stay and mentioned that was the best stay. But the first night we arrived in Sheraton, everyone immediately said Sheraton was the best. The rooms are spacious and clean. The beds are very comfortable. We had free internet in the rooms. All the kids enjoyed the swimming pool and adults enjoyed the hot tubs.

The staff at front desk Miguel and Club Lounge Nicholas were extremely nice, friendly, helpful, professional, and they know exactly the meaning of Total Customer Satisfaction. One lady at check out on departure morning was so pleasant and friendly but I forgot to ask her name.

Got voucher for buffet breakfast with good selections at Harold's Bistro on departure morning. I heard the reason why I got voucher was because no breakfast at Clud Lounger on departure day Saturday. How thoughtful they were to take care of customers.

Great restaurants in the Richmond region, we had lobster, sea food, and Peking duck, very delicious.

My son loved that program for $5 offer if not get room cleaned. He used 5$ in Starbucks twice. My husband said that was a win-win achievement. Saved the cost of cleaning and protected the environment.

Thanks a lot for all the great help from Mario! Very much appreciated!!!

Room Tip: Pay to upgrade to the Club Lounge level with breakfast buffet, my family likes to say in the hotel w...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

After the recent experience I had with management and staff at the Airport Sheraton in Richmond, BC, I felt the experience was important to let future business guests know how well we were received when we planned a business and sales meeting at the hotel. The guests attending our function from Europe could not be more pleased with the rooms which were clean, relaxing and spacious. The meeting rooms were also well organized and catering needs excellent pertaining to quality and quantity. I was very impressed with the audio visual support required for the meeting which was overlooked during our planning, however, staff immediately attended to ensure the required equipment was provided and working properly with no delays to the meeting. After our lengthy day inside, having dinner outside near the pool in the courtyard was definitely what the doctor ordered in a relaxing environment and excellent service! Thank you to Ryan Brown for his professional support throughout the planning stage (who had limited time to plan), and especially Cam at the front desk for providing exceptional service and going that extra distance with our offshore clients. They could not have departed on a happier note with lasting memories of the Richmond meeting location and our company. Thank you to the management and staff for a memorable stay. RP

Room Tip: All level of rooms are very good.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Having only spent one night "passing through" at the Sheraton, we didn't avail ourselves of many of the facilities offered at this hotel - all we wanted was a comfy bed for the night. DId we get it? Well, if you like to sleep on a mattress so soft your a** is on the floor and your ankles up round your ears, then this would be a perfect night for you. For me, even the high quality pillows and luxury linens weren't enough to compensate.

Other points to note: parking is a chargeable extra (making the overnight rate rather less attractive), and service inside the hotel is either unwilling or non-existent.

Having said that, the room was adequately spacious and plenty clean enough.

Overall: we got a cheap deal, and were still slightly disappointed by the time we checked out. Value for money? Probably not. But perhaps that's just the acceptable standard of hotels in that vicinity.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We had missed our connection to Seattle and the airline put us up here. After flying from Singapore via London I would have slept on a concrete slab! It was quite far from the airport and clustered together with a Hilton and a Marriott all of which looked identical. The rooms was like blank carboard boxes looking onto a car park but as a place to sleep for one night it was quiet and the beds were comfortable enough. I agree with another reviewer though that the whole hotel smelled stale and old as if no one had washed it for a long time - having said that the rooms were clean enough. Hell would be to have to stay in a place like this for a week particularly as the receptionist seemed to be one of the Stepford Wives - truly a scary woman. Did she go to a school for cookie cutter robot receptionists I wonder? We ate some quite tasty fish dishes in the restaurant apparently named after a lunch regular called Harold (or Howard?). Why anyone would be a regular here is completely beyond me given there are quite a lot of reasonably priced Asian inspired restaurants in the nearby vicinity. The Starbucks in the lobby serves the usual Starbucks dishwater if you can stomach it otherwise make coffee in your room. A place to sleep and go if ever there was one.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I always enjoy staying in this hotel. Sheraton is known for it's comfortable bed,it's fluffy pillows and soft duvets..and every time I stay here,they never disappoint me...There rooms are spacious and clean. All rooms are equipped with a microwave,refrigerator,coffee maker and hot pot. Perfect!!! The hotel has free wi-fi internet in the rooms. The Mall is just 5 minutes walk and Starbucks in the lobby. The staff equally perfect!!! very friendly,very professional and very accommodating. There is free shuttle bus provided to and fro the hotel and the drivers are very helpful and friendly also.
The location is near the airport therefore a bit far from vancouver proper.but there is a train station nearby to bring you to the city itself.
Overall, I always have a wonderful stay here and I highly recommend this place if you are in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Smithers, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I stay here quite frequently and have really enjoyed the stay. They have LCD TVs and just recently, they have changed their mattresses and I love them. I use a memory foam mattress at home and miss it when I am on the road; however, at this Sheraton, they have these mattresses that I just sink down and feel like I am on a cloud; yet it give me support throughout my whole body. The guest services at check in are really professional and courteous. I do wish that they had free Wi-Fi in the rooms (it's for that reason, I only gave it a very good). You can get free Wi-Fi in the lobby on one of many computers. Very good location for shopping and just a bit of a walk from the skytrain.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

This hotel used to be a Best Western, and it shows inside. The hotel was fully renovated since the takeover, and while it definitely looks very nice, its Best Western roots are obvious in certain areas. The bathrooms are rather barebones, and dont even include a fan (which can be a problem if there is more than one of you in the same room). The wifi is great when it works, but it can be rather spotty (expect reconnecting every hour). Staff are very friendly at the front counter, but the bellhops really need to pick up their game. Both times I have stayed here I have had to walk inside, grab the trolley, walk it outside to my car, load my bags, place trolley inside, walk back to my car and park it, then walk back inside and push the trolley myself to my room. Not a big deal, but it kinda stinks when I can see 3 bellhops standing around the lobby goofing around and not even noticing the customers. This time the manager noticed me doing their jobs and I saw him give them a stern word as I turned the corner. I do love the Sheraton beds though....always super comfy! Restaurant is tasty, albeit a bit overpriced. Pool is very nice, and every time I have used it I am the only one :) Overall, a good hotel to stay at, but really needs to pick up a few areas to be deserving of the Sheraton name, as well as its 3* rating. It's obvious they have put some work into bringing it above its previous Best Western level, but its clear some more work needs to be done, almost there! Currently I would give it a 2.5* rating, and would heartily recommend either the Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn, heck even the Four Points Sheraton instead, at least until this location picks up their game. All three hotels I mentioned are just down the road, and offer superior service and amenities than this location in almost all areas.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!