“Hotel is convenient for airport but skip the restaurant” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel

You added Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7551 Westminster Highway, Richmond, British Columbia V6X 1A3, Canada (City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Richmond
Central Coast
“Hotel is convenient for airport but skip the restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We checked in for a layover before an early morning flight out of Vancouver. Front desk staff were courteous and helpful. Hotel was clean. Room was very basic but met our needs. A little noisy with outside traffic.

Be aware that the current tax rate of 12% on goods and services, including parking. This really can pad a bill.

Our dinner in the hotel restaurant was one of the worst we've ever had and surprisingly bad for a Sheraton. We have stayed at many Sheratons and are gold members. The salmon was inedible and a NY steak was as bad as it could be. A very limited dinner menu. Good service but lousy food.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Salt Spring Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Consistently impressed by this hotel’s staff and the attention to detail that makes a business stay so much easier. My last business stay included holding meetings on- site and requiring office services. All needs were met – and the service was provided with smiles. A great personal touch in a business atmosphere. Wonderful team.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Seattle, Wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised with this Sheraton. It was obviously new and the decor was clean and contemporary. We had our dog with us and had initially balked at the $20 charge but he was provided his own bed and food and water bowls. Very charming and definitely a nice touch. We had wanted to stay at the Four Points, which was about a mile away but they didn't welcome pets. The Sheraton's location is just as great for exploring Richmond. However, a major drawback was the $20 charge for parking. Really?

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Loved the bed. Room was spacious and clean. Had a coffee machine and microwave in the room as well. Concierge staff John was very helpful and friendly! Unlike the front office staff Stan who was very impolite (no eye contact and seemed annoyed when I asked for a directions). Hope to return again soon and enjoy the breakfast buffet at Harolds.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Stayed here for the August long weekend en route to LA. Here's my two cents..

Parking $17 per day | Internet $10 per day | Room Service : $4 + 15% & the food is expensive (Breakfast for 4 approx $90) | Room with a view overlooks the parking lot |

We had an IPad 2 & two laptops for the kids..apart from paid internet, there's additional cost for the extra device. The IT Tech support took more than an hour but could not get the wireless to work on the Ipad & Laptops. Gave a ticket number and asked me to call back. The Pass-Key would not work when we returned from the Pool ..so we went down to the reception for a replacement and they want ID which is in the room. The Front Desk Asian girl was hardly friendly. My kid needed to use the washroom but guess what rules-are-rules and in that confusion she could not hold it anymore. There is so-called free internet in the lobby but the Hotel computer would not work. Finally it did and I did an online check-in...& for boarding passes.... the Printer wouldn't work. The outdoor pool is good.

Will I stay here again ??...Not really !! I'd rather stay at a Holiday Inn where there's a human touch and the staff are always willing to help. I'd like to see the management respond.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed here overnight for pleasure. Checked in with no lineup. When we entered the room on the main floor it was small and dark. I went to open the curtains to a view of the parking lot with cars parked right in front. So I couldn't leave the curtains opened for light because people can see in your room from the parking lot. I asked for another room higher up but no way even being a starwoods points member. The lobby is old looking with a bar and a starbucks. The internet is free only in the lobby but not in your room. This is the most depressing Sheraton I have ever stayed at. The parking lot in front has no parking if you come back later at night. There are a lot better propeties around. 2 weeks later I checked my credit card and found that I was charged twice. I had to phone long distance at my expense to sort this out. I wrote an email to the property twice and as of today (the end of July) I have not recieved an answer. I guess they don't care. So I would advise you to take your money to someone that does care. Would not return unless it was really cheap because it's not worth it. This is a 2 star property that you just need for a bed. They is nothing to enjoy here if you like nice hotels.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a few nights during our honeymoon trip to Vancouver. I booked the hotel online and didn't speak to anyone there that this was our honeymoon. We mentioned it to front staff employee Miguel and the next day upon coming back from a full day outdoor trip we found a plate of amazing chocolates and chocolate covered strawberries in our room. Miguel was awesome! Very pleasant, friendly and helpful. I would definitely go back to this hotel. Location was very nice and a 2 min walk to the skytrain for easy access to downtown Vancouver (about 20 min on the skytrain).The restaurant in the hotel named Harold's, was one of the finest I've ever eaten in. The Chef is an expert at what he does and this is a culinary experience worth going out of your way to enjoy !!! AND, the prices were very reasonable - forget the chain restaurants as their fare is not even worth consuming !

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!