“Office Christmas luncheon” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Buffet At River Rock

The Buffet At River Rock
8811 River Road, Richmond, British Columbia, Canada (Bridgeport)
604.247.8900
Neighborhood: Bridgeport
Vancouver, Canada
“Office Christmas luncheon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We had our office Christmas luncheon at the River Rock buffet this year, with about a dozen people. We had reserved 2 weeks ahead, and were given 2 long tables closet to the buffet area. While not private they were for the most part separate from everyone else.

Service was good, we had 2 servers who took our drink orders and helped with any requests we had. The restaurant was quite busy with other Christmas groups, but not so busy as to be an issue.

The buffet food was good quality with a reasonable selection. The salad bar had a number of items not usually seen in smaller buffets. Being Christmas they had a turkey and beef carving station, along with the entries/sides by the kitchen area. The selection of hot main dishes was a bit light, especially compared to the salad bar. Not a lot of vegetables for example to choose from. Perhaps because it was lunch instead of dinner.

There were plenty of desserts to choose from, as well as self serve soft ice cream. While it was not the best buffet I have been to, it was better than average. A little on the pricey side, but not unreasonable.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

62% Recommend
Calgary, Canada
“Quick service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Fast service, not gourmet but mostly what you would expect from a buffet! Child friendly, great coffee and nice views of the waterfront!

Visited September 2012
Victoria, Canada
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I'm not always a buffet person, but I really like the buffet at the River Rock. We have eaten there for dinner several times, and have the breakfast buffet each time we stay (usually monthly). Food is good and fresh, plenty of options for vegetarians, and the dessert counter seems endlessly filled with decadent treats. There is an self-serve icecream station that my kids love!

Visited December 2012
“Delicious food but service leaves A LOT to be desired.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I ate dinner at The Buffet while we were staying the River Rock. We enjoyed our stay but were not happy at The Buffet. The food was actually quite good, although there wasn't enough of a selection of hot food for $33 a person. What made our experience bad was our waitress. We got Sarb - she was attentive in getting our drinks when we first came in, but that was about it. She totally deserted us after that. We could see her walking around but she barely ever checked on us. I was waiting to ask for some tea to have with my desert for over 20 minutes and finally had to wave her over to ask for it and she was not pleasant when I did. I should note that she was not too busy with other tables at all, as I saw her cleaning tables and walking away from her section without even asking us if we needed anything. I also noticed other tables around us being neglected - one person actually got up and got a coffee pot from the station and serve himself and his table because he didn't want to wait for her anymore. At the end when we were trying to pay for our drinks, we waited another half an hour for her to come over or even look our way so we could ask her for a pen to sign our slip. We ended up just getting up and borrowing a pen from the hostess station. We explained that Sarb never came and finally after waiting so long we just wanted to pay and go and the response we got was "okay, no problem". Actually it is a problem!! Needless to say I did not leave a tip, which I hate doing, but I was so unimpressed with our experience. We won't be coming back to The Buffet again, which is a shame since the food was good and we do usually enjoy dinner, but I'm not going to pay that kind of price to be completely ignored.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Canada
“Funky and affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I liked the vibe a lot. Food was tasty and affordable. Service was pleasant, it could have been faster but that wasn't a huge issue.

Visited November 2012