“Nice Westin” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport

You added Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport to your Saves list
Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3099 Corvette Way, Richmond, British Columbia V6X 4K3, Canada (Bridgeport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Richmond
Brampton, Canada
“Nice Westin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

A little far from the airport, nothing really around some fast food walking distance. I stayed here when this hotel was pretty new. The heavenly bed was nice - I love the Westin soaps and bathrooms too. Starbucks coffee in room is cool. Shuttle service is ok but again a little far from YVR. Staff were nice. Did not get to try the room service. Love the Westin finishings.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Great hotel. Convenient, free on street parking, close to airport and downtown via car or train.
Had a lovely suite, only issue is that the curtains do not at all block out light (come on!) and you can hear traffic easily through the windows, which seems odd given the hotel is brand new.
Sounds like someone cheaped out on the insulation there.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

Stayed two nights. Hotel is relatively new, so you can expect everything to be in excellent condition. Bedroom is large and very comfortable. Bathroom has separate bath and shower. Very clean and modern. Front desk is not so friendly, a bit cold. Parking is like $30 per night (with taxes) and internet about $18 (can't remember exact amount). Both can add a lot to the final bill. Saved money by parking on the street (free, no time and day restriction - just don't park near the fire hydrants). I had a lovely room overlooking the river and the North Shore mountains.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Vernon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

Thank you to Chris who went above and beyond to assist me when my phone charger did not work. Great customer service! Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

This airport hotel is consistent with the quality you expect from a Westin hotel. The room was bright, spacious, with floor to ceiling windows. Peaceful greeen and yellow decor. Great bathroom! Although located on a busy highway, it is very very quiet (did not hear any traffic noise). Very modern decor with flat screen TV and good work space. I would recommend this hotel, especially if you have any early flight....

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

Well, let’s start by introducing myself. I travel weekly for work primarily around North America with additional non work trips to a sun destination each winter, a few mini vacations each year as well as at least 1 overseas trip each year.

I chose where I stay with comfort and service being prime in my decision process. I have top level at a number of hotel chains including Starwood, Hyatt and Fairmont. I also stay at properties that do not have formal guest programs such as the Four Seasons.

I have approximately 20 stays at this property since it opened with stays varying from 1 to 5 nights.

While the hotel has a shuttle which I have used, I typically rent a car and drive the 4 or 5 minutes from Vancouver International Airport. While some describe the hotel as hard to find, I find the trip easy with the entrance being well signposted. The return trip to the airport is perhaps a little more complex; however there are only 4 turns which are easy to follow.
I am always all greeted promptly on arrival by the bellman and offered help with my luggage. On occasion when the bellman has been busy one of the team on the front desk ensure I am offered assistance. On my first trip I was made to feel very welcome. Future trips include being welcome back, not because of a prompt by a computer but by a person who asks about my weekend; comments that I have a longer stay this time and always ensure my needs are fully met. Some comment on the parking cost. While high compared to motels and some lower standard properties, pricing is typical of a property of this calibre outside of the city core. It is also significantly cheaper that downtown Vancouver. Vancouver and Richmond have high parking tax. This is a regional government initiative in the area aimed at funding public transit and is not something the property has control over. Some note a mandatory valet parking cost. This is not my experience. While I use the valet, you can self park for a lower rate and I have not charged when Idon’t have a car. Also, of note, if you have guests join you for dinner your guests are provided with complimentary valet parking. Car is always promptly retrieved on request with me being offered a bottle of water for my journey.

Check in is personable and efficient from an amazing staff that demonstrate they care. It doesn’t matter whether you are dealing with the night team or any of the day staff, the exemplary personable customer service is the same. My Starwood status is always noted with a late checkout always being offered.

I never expect more than what I book. That way upgrades are a bonus. At this property, while I have been upgraded, it is important to note there are few suites and no select standard suites; therefore it is important to manage this expectation.

Regardless of upgrade, the rooms are modern and clean. Some of the rooms have great views of the river and mountains. However as others have noted, the setting is somewhat industrial with some views being blander. Bathrooms are large and include a soaker tub and walk in shower. The standard Westin 2 head shower is not here. I asked about this once and was told it was because o local rules regarding water preservation. I note a comment regarding having to get into a cold shower. Not my experience. You can face the showerhead towards the wall until desired temperature is reached. While the appearance of the bathroom is great, no place for my wash kit by the sink. I use the ledge by the tub. While this works for me, I think it a bit of a design flaw.

Starbucks coffee is in the room.

There is a lounge for guests on the 15th floor as well as SPG Platinum Guest. Good continental breakfast; however it could use more frequent servicing to ensure yogurt, fruit etc are always on hand. When called for restocking service is prompt. This is one area of the hotel I have found the staff are not of the same calibre as the rest of the property. I guess the service by the bell staff, front desk and restaurant make what is likely ok serve stand out as not in-keeping with the balance of the operation. No evening snacks although water and juice is available all day.
Internet is free for Platinum guests. Prices for the internet for other guests as well as phone access charges, while in my opinion are high; they are comparable with similar properties in the area and around North America.
Newspapers are not placed by your door. These are available without charge by the elevator and in the lobby. If you ask, they will place them by your door.

There is a Starbucks, Burger King and Subway within walking distance as well as the Boat House Restaurant. (Sort of a Keg style place.) However, the place to eat is at the hotel. I love food and eat out both at home and when travelling. In the Vancouver area I eat at West, Joe Fortes, and The Hart House, VJ’s, C, Yew and many other fine places. Seldom do I find a hotel that provides a dining experience that I would chose over other establishments. Finally a hotel that is a definite exception. I have brought business guest to eat here on a number of occasional and have always been rewarded with exemplary service and food. While the service staff are young, they work hard to ensure they provide the right balance of professionalism and personable service. They know when to chat, when you need attention and when to leave you alone to enjoy your experience. When on my own they take time to chat and show interest, yet when I am with others or seem to need time a quite time, they have the ability to read my needs and ensure their approach is appropriate for the occasion. The chef takes pride in his menu, creations and presentation and it shows. Presentation is amazing as is the quality. In addition to the regular menu they offer a 5, 7 or 9 course taster menu. This costs $50, $70 or $90 and is worth every penny. This not just meal, but an event lasting 1.5 to 3 hours. The regular menu is also great and extremely well price with all the entrées costing $25 or less. Many appetizers are also available. For those that know West, I would say that the service, food and experience exceeds West. (although west has a far better wine selection and is a more intimate setting). Again, excellent staff. As a repeat guest, always welcomed back, sometimes given a glass of complimentary wine and made to feel like a special family guest. Not a formal setting, I guess one could say casual elegance, personable but professional. Wine selection is very limited. When asked if I could bring my own and pay corkage fee, was told no; however they did offer to get any wine I like if given advance notice. No wine pairing offered. Perhaps this is a future opportunity. Note, if you eat here earlier, the bar is part of the restaurant and people winding down from their business day are sometimes chatting making the place a bit noisy. This seems to end about 6:30 and has never impacted my enjoyment here. Also, when having the taster menu, the chef delivers one of the courses and takes pride in your thoughts and feedback.

Checkout is efficient. There has never been an error with my bill.

While I initially stayed at this property when working in Richmond, I now use the property when I am working in Vancouver. The personable staff and clean property make the commutate worthwhile. All those I have referred to the property share the same thought and now use this hotel as home away from home when in this area.

Room Tip: Ask for a river or mountain.
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

This is a nice new hotel. We booked three rooms. I followed up with an email requesting 2 queen beds for each room which was responded promptly. Upon checked in, we were given three rooms next to one another to include a beautiful corner room southwest facing. The rooms are very clean. Love the bathroom. The best part was, of course, the bedding. It was very comfy; truly a westin signature. The wall is very soundproofed, hardly heard anything nextdoor; although there were visitors nextdoor who talked and laughed loudly (our friends). Staff was very polite and helpful. Great service. The only issue was access to the swimming pool. It was like going thru a maze, you even have to go down a staircase. Also, don't use the water bottle in the room, you will get charged close to $7 a bottle. Self parking about $20, but if you are lucky, you may find a street parking around the hotel. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at the Westin Wall Center

Room Tip: Corner room offers the best view (facing west)
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport? Share your experiences!