“Great food and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harold's Bistro & Bar

Harold's Bistro & Bar
7551 Westminster Highway, Richmond, British Columbia V6X 1A3, Canada (City Centre)
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Harold's Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 651 Restaurants in Richmond
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Centre
Cross street: Minoru Blvd
Transit: The Bistro and Lounge can be easily accessible by transit buses or by taxi. We are a five minute walk from the Brighouse station on the Canada Line.
Description: A contemporary restaurant & bar highlighting comfortable, globally inspired, casual dining supporting the green concept from farm to table. Harold’s has “Something for Everyone”.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I ate here two nights in a row and sat in the bar section. The food was very good with a great selection and the staff were attentive and friendly. Try the wings!

Visited November 2013

Nanaimo
“Good and quick”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Loved the fact that kids under 5 ate free and it was good quality food not just chicken strips and fries

Visited October 2013
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Are we talking about the same place?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Clearly the reviewers love this place. We were on the fly-out-next-morning routine and Harold's was convenient for dinner. But it was bare and empty. Sunday night, you could have shot a cannon through it and not hit anybody. It's only separated from the bar area by the banquettes so we opted for the livelier side, the bar. The televisions within our vision were all on the NFL game yet the very loud audio was a Canucks hockey game. We finally realised that the televisions on the other side of the bar had the hockey game. We would have preferred neither but, hey, this is a bar and that's what bars do.
The service was prompt and very friendly. You could order pretty much anything that was available on the restaurant side. My wife settled for the quesadilla and thought it quite well done. I had the fish and chips. The fish was surprisingly good but I always rate a bar by the quality of its fries. Mine had been around for a while.
All in all, it was fine, good service, friendly and served its purpose. But it was like a million other airport restaurants and bars, a bit noisy, a bit bereft and a bit lost. We just couldn't see what was exciting the other reviewers. Maybe Sunday night is not the night to visit.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dawson Creek, British Columbia, Canada
“OBCM”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

The food is awesome. The service is very good and friendly.
The waitresses is very professional and takes pride in her work.
I will return to Harold's Bistro again and again before I leave.

TeganFarrell, Manager at Harold's Bistro & Bar, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent visit and posting it on Trip Advisor!
It is always a pleasure to share these comments with all of the Harold's staff who really strive to go above and beyond and treat our guests as if it's family coming over for dinner!
We all look forward to hopefully seeing you the next time you visit the Sheraton!
Warm Regards,
Tegan Farrell
Outlets Manager
Liberec, Czech Republic
“We enjoyed our meal...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Arrived late at the Sheridan Hotel and among other things, getting a meal in us was a high priority. The first thing we noticed about the restaurant was the variety in seating choices. There were booths, traditional table seating, bar seating and tables surrounded by easy chairs. For a late menu, there were numerous choices from the very basic to some sophisticated dishes. I was drawn to the Fish and Chips because they featured true halibut. When my meal arrived, I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the portions. My plate was heaped with well done fries and two very large pieces of batter-fried halibut were balanced on top. The dish included some very good coleslaw but I would have liked a larger scoop; it was that good. Of course, tartar and ketchup accompanied and there was no questioning when I asked for more tartar. SO ordered grilled black cod with mashed potatoes and when her dish arrived, I was envious of her choice. Wife thought the fish was under done but I am a great believer that fish should not be over cooked. From my perspective it was done perfectly; unlike many kitchen that cook the life out of seafood. By the time she finished her meal, she was a convert to my thinking. There was a large serving of fresh green beans that were done to perfection at al-dente; just a hint of saute oil remained on them. The mashed potatoes were pleasingly not really mashed. The potatoes were cooked, skin-on and partially mashed without being peeled and left considerably lumpy. A very good presentation and new wrinkle on an old standard. Service was efficient and friendly; just the right amount of table presence. Thumbs up.

• Visited September 2013