“Gem of a fine dining experience in Richmond, BC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tramonto at River Rock Casino Resort

Tramonto at River Rock Casino Resort
8811 River Road, Richmond, British Columbia V6X 3P8, Canada (Bridgeport)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tramonto at River Rock Casino Resort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 672 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Bridgeport
Transit: We are now connected to the Bridgeport Canada Line stop. We are only 17 mins from Downtown and 6 mins from the Vancouver International Airport.
Richmond, B.C.
“Gem of a fine dining experience in Richmond, BC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I had the occasion to visit Tramonto at the River Rock this weekend. We asked another couple to join us.

I can’t say enough good things about this establishment. We’ve visited several times a year for a few years now and have yet to be disappointed. Saturday was no exception. What really impresses me, aside from the food and wine, is the knowledge of the staff. When you ask a question about an item on the menu you’re provided with details, not just an overview. What the item is, how the chef prepares it, the accompaniments, etc.

Two of us had the arancini and two of us had the scallops, as appetizers. Hot and well presented, cooked to perfection. For the mains, two of us had the cannelloni, one had the pork chop, and one had the beef tenderloin. Again, cooked to perfection. I couldn’t decide on a wine so I asked our waiter if I could provide him with an upper limit of what I was prepared to spend, would he pick the wine. He knows my tastes in wine and said it wouldn’t be a problem. He was right on. I’ve got a new wine of the month now.

I can’t think of a better fine dining experience in the Richmond area, or Vancouver for that matter, just hop on the Canada Line and you're right there. Friendly and knowledgeable staff, great food, extensive wine list…oh, and the views. Get a window seat and enjoy a sunset… or 2 or 3. You won’t be disappointed.

• Visited February 2013

surrey
“very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The table service was excellent, plates were taken away instantley and coffee refills were constant. The person cutting the baron of beef was not always in attendance and not very friendly. Otherwise the food was abundant and very fresh.
Excellent view of the marina and the Fraser River with the tugs pulling log booms and other commodities.

• Visited January 2013
Vancouver
“Gem in a resort hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I wanted to impress my out-of-town parents with a great meal, so I made a reservation at the Tramonto. As it was right after Christmas and the restaurant was fairly quiet at 6:30 p.m., the seven of us were led into the private dining room. The server gave us a very detail explanation of the menu. We had ample time to make the difficult decision of what to eat as everything sounded great. My father ordered the foie gras as an appetizer. He was given a generous portion and it was prepared just right. The rest of the dishes were presented tastefully and tasted great. The arctic char was moist. The wine list was extensive with a good choice of mid-priced wines. Service was attentive but not intrusive. The server asked if it was a special occasion for my family, however it was just a dining out evening. The prices were moderately high but definitely less than the downtown Vancouver trendy restaurants. It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening and my parents were impressed. They even went back a few days later for another meal.

• Visited December 2012
BC
“A Great Choice No 2”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I together with my sister and her best friend spent a three day weekend at The River Rock Casino Resort celebrating my sisters 60 th Birthday. We decided to celebrate our last evening with a meal at Tramonto.

The moment we entered the restaurant we were greeted by the Maitre D and escorted to our table. The ambiance in the restaurant was quiet and refined. We were served by a very attentive young woman. Despite the fact that the restaurant was quite busy our service was excellent and the food Delicious!

Our only regret is that we reside on Vancouver Island and can not readily return to this fine restaurant to enjoy their delicious food!! Our compliments to the Chef!

• Visited January 2013
Victoria, Canada
“A Great Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Decided the day prior to our dinner to book at the Tramonto. We got a 6:00 PM seating despite there being a show in their theatre that evening. The staff was excellent. We were asked if we were attending the show - just in case our dinner needed to be quick. We received our drinks and antipasto appetizer in just the right time frame. We were never rushed, but also never wanting. The food was sooooo good - I think possibly my best meal out in years. We finished our meal with coffee's and a shared dessert - could not have been more perfect. Kudo's to the chef and the staff at this restaurant. Thorough enjoyment all round!!

Visited January 2013