The setting is fantastic and our first impression was that we would enjoy future visits in one of these 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom chalet units which are a quick drive from the highway going into Canmore, and the location is "pristine". On a positive note, the carpet was new, the beds were comfortable. However the unit still needed a lot of maintenance and renovation The kitchen cabinet was missing some pieces of the countertop - unsightly and not a healthy arrangement; the spacious fridge had no light in it, and yes, the clock on the stove (if you care) still does not work. The stove is old and could use replacing. The dishes had been put away "crusty" and unclean from the dishwasher and had to be rewashed by hand as they they forgot to put dishwasher cubes in the unit. We had to soak some pots with dishwasher detergent to get the burned material removed and back in usable condition- not a good use of holiday time. However, it was the non-functional gas fireplace that was really upsetting, and it took till mid morning the next day to get it working. The maintenance man, who was very helpful advised that the pilot lights blow out "frequently" in the units. There was ample hot water and nice bathroom renovations with large tubs and good showers. i would not call this a resort and more renovations and improvements are required, with better quality control regarding need for repairs and level of housekeeping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff Gate Mountain Resort is an outdoor playground for all ages where mountain activities and rustic amenities meet. It is nestled in the majestic pines of Pigeon Mountain at the foot of the Lougheed and Windtower Mountains. Our 46 fully appointed chalets are surrounded by Lake Louise and the adventures of the Banff National Park. Activities include water rafting, hiking, skiing, mountain biking, dog sledding, golf and more. For those preferring more peace and quiet, the picturesque grounds of the resort provide the perfect retreat. Children’s play areas are intertwined by hiking trails that sprawl throughout the resort connecting to the surrounding wilderness. Local wildlife often wanders unhindered throughout the area and across the property. An indoor heated pool, hot tubs and a family clubhouse provide a well-rounded travel destination for families and adventurers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Banff Gate Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Gate Mountain Hotel Dead Man`s Flats
- Banff Gate Mountain Resort Canmore/Dead Man's Flats, Alberta