My large family stayed at the Banff gate mountain resort over our November break. The location is EXCELLENT. just 12 ish minutes outside Canmore, about 20-22 minutes outside of Banff. I was pleasently surprised by the cottages, Every group has their own little cabin style cottage with a gas fireplace. When we entered we were happy to see a murphy bed in the enterance and there was 2 rooms with queen size beds and a double size sofa bed. NICE for space to sleep, not so nice Mattresses, and MAKE SURE YOU BRING BEDDING. There is only bedding provided for the 2 beds in the bedrooms NOT for the sofa or murphy.
I would say the most frusterating thing I found was when we went into the bathroom and there was NO spare roll and when we contacted the front desk we were told we could get some there, FOR $3 PER ROLL!!!! SERIOUSLY?!?! paper towel was the same. seriously one roll of each?! but anyways.
We spent A LOT of time at the pool, the kids LOVED it. There are 2 hot tubs, one indoors and one out, the indoor jets didn't work, the outside worked well. There is also a nice sauna, and a "fitness" room, however, half the equipment didn't work there.
Long and short the location was great, the resort was less than desirable. We went with a time share week and honestly wondered where the maintainence money we pay every year was being used. To sum up, easy to enjoy a week here simply due to the proximenty to other things but be prepared to PAY FOR EVERYTHING.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff Gate Mountain Resort is an outdoor playground for all ages where mountain activities and rustic amenities meet. It is nestled in the majestic pines of Pigeon Mountain at the foot of the Lougheed and Windtower Mountains. Our 46 fully appointed chalets are surrounded by Lake Louise and the adventures of the Banff National Park. Activities include water rafting, hiking, skiing, mountain biking, dog sledding, golf and more. For those preferring more peace and quiet, the picturesque grounds of the resort provide the perfect retreat. Children’s play areas are intertwined by hiking trails that sprawl throughout the resort connecting to the surrounding wilderness. Local wildlife often wanders unhindered throughout the area and across the property. An indoor heated pool, hot tubs and a family clubhouse provide a well-rounded travel destination for families and adventurers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Banff Gate Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Gate Mountain Hotel Dead Man`s Flats
- Banff Gate Mountain Resort Canmore/Dead Man's Flats, Alberta