... it could be a lot better with some improvements. The units need some upgrading: appliances are old - our refrigerator had cracked plastic molding, which meant a missing door shelf, and the bottom rack in the dishwasher was missing a wheel so the basket had a hard time sliding in an out. The screens were worn/ripped in some of the windows. Our BBQ didn't work. We reported it to management, and I don't know if it was ever fixed -- we didn't try it again. The shades in the bedrooms don't make the bedrooms dark enough for sleeping -- it wouldn't be hard to replace the blinds with darker blinds/black-out shades. When the sun doesn't set 'til 10pm, and it comes up at 5am, the ability to darken the bedroom is important! And the resort advertises that is has wi-fi, but it rarely worked for us. In this day and age, not having reliable wi-fi is just unacceptable. On the plus side, the unit was clean (althought I spoke with another guest who told me his unit had not been cleaned when he checked in), the pool and the hot tub were nice, and the staff at the main desk were very cheerful and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff Gate Mountain Resort is an outdoor playground for all ages where mountain activities and rustic amenities meet. It is nestled in the majestic pines of Pigeon Mountain at the foot of the Lougheed and Windtower Mountains. Our 46 fully appointed chalets are surrounded by Lake Louise and the adventures of the Banff National Park. Activities include water rafting, hiking, skiing, mountain biking, dog sledding, golf and more. For those preferring more peace and quiet, the picturesque grounds of the resort provide the perfect retreat. Children’s play areas are intertwined by hiking trails that sprawl throughout the resort connecting to the surrounding wilderness. Local wildlife often wanders unhindered throughout the area and across the property. An indoor heated pool, hot tubs and a family clubhouse provide a well-rounded travel destination for families and adventurers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Banff Gate Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Gate Mountain Hotel Dead Man`s Flats
- Banff Gate Mountain Resort Canmore/Dead Man's Flats, Alberta