The cabin had two bedrooms, and the master bedroom featured a king sized bed and a connecting bathroom. The bed was very comfortable. That upstairs bathroom had a bathtub but no shower.
The cabin was a bit old, but we were only inconvenienced by that every once in a while. The oven clock didn't work correctly, and I couldn't figure out how to set the time again. It was only a few minutes off when we first arrived, but then it was about 45 minutes off by the end of our week. This caused us to be late a few times.
The Internet connection only worked in the main lodge. So, you'll need to bring your device there. I believe there was also a computer available for use.
There are areas to hike near the resort, so you'll save money if you don't want to pay for another day to enter Banff.
Housekeeping isn't an option while you stay here. They offer the opportunity to change your linens once a week, Tuesday. But, you have to take your linens to the lodge to make the exchange. Also, at the end of your stay, you must take your trash to the dumpsters. I didn't mind some of the other rustic elements of the resort, but that one did bother me.
People can see right into the cabin at night. There are large windows at the top of the cabin, which results in excellent morning mountain views, but if you're walking upstairs at night people will see right in if you leave the lights on up there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff Gate Mountain Resort is an outdoor playground for all ages where mountain activities and rustic amenities meet. It is nestled in the majestic pines of Pigeon Mountain at the foot of the Lougheed and Windtower Mountains. Our 46 fully appointed chalets are surrounded by Lake Louise and the adventures of the Banff National Park. Activities include water rafting, hiking, skiing, mountain biking, dog sledding, golf and more. For those preferring more peace and quiet, the picturesque grounds of the resort provide the perfect retreat. Children’s play areas are intertwined by hiking trails that sprawl throughout the resort connecting to the surrounding wilderness. Local wildlife often wanders unhindered throughout the area and across the property. An indoor heated pool, hot tubs and a family clubhouse provide a well-rounded travel destination for families and adventurers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Banff Gate Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Gate Mountain Hotel Dead Man`s Flats
- Banff Gate Mountain Resort Canmore/Dead Man's Flats, Alberta