“Beautiful resort - comfy beds, just a couple of minor issues” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Copperstone Resort

Save Saved
You added Copperstone Resort to your Saves list
Copperstone Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   250 2nd Ave, Dead Man's Flats, Canmore, Alberta T1W 2W4, Canada   |
Calgary, Canada
“Beautiful resort - comfy beds, just a couple of minor issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We booked two nights at the Copperstone Resort through a travelzoo deal. I was expecting a one bedroom suite and we ended up with a gorgeous three bedroom, two storey suite with two king sized beds, two full bathrooms, and a third room with bunkbeds. It was just my boyfriend and I so the extra rooms weren't necessary but it was good to know their suites are so big for the next time as it would be a great place to stay with a group. With the pull out couch in the living room, we could have easily slept 8 people! It also had a full kitchen with granite countertops, and a lovely gas fireplace. The suite was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. There is a communal hot tub in the courtyard but we didn't get a chance to use it because it would have been a freezing walk to and from. The views were also gorgeous and it is very close to Canmore.

I only had two concerns. The first was that we didn't receive any housekeeping service at all. I phoned in the afternoon to inquire about housekeeping and they said that they didn't come because I didn't request them to. I asked them to re-stock our coffee and they did so. The second concern was the furniture in the living room area. We attempted to curl up on the couch by the fireplace to watch a movie but the couch was so hard, it was impossible to get comfortable. We ended up watching TV in the bedroom so we'd have a comfy place to sit.

Overall, it was a great place at a great price and would have gotten a 5 out of 5 if the housekeeping and furniture had been a little better.

Room Tip: You may want to request a room with a view - ours faced another building. We could see the mountain...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
OpsManager01, General Manager at Copperstone Resort, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Hello Michelle,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the Housekeeping service. I will address your concerns with the team, as this is not our standard of service. All guests receive daily housekeeping service.

Also, if you should return (and we hope you will), please feel free to take advantage of our plush robe service. These robes certainly help with the cold weather and will make your hot tub experience a great one.

All of our sleep sofas (all units are sleep sofas) are brand new. If you can contact me to let me know what room you stayed in, I can have a look to see what may be causing this.

Thank you once again for your comments.

Joey Belanger

Copperstone Resort Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Disappointed. First night, saw a mouse in the kitchen. The following day, lost my iPhone EarPods (only been used on that trip) left in the master's bedroom. Reported it. The following day, at checkout, got told that the housekeeping crew grab it in the room because she apparently mistaken it to be hers. The receptionist handed me a grayish-colored and knotted EarPods which I declined to accept because it wasn't mine. It's a very disappointing stay.

• Stayed November 2013
OpsManager01, General Manager at Copperstone Resort, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear JASED29,

Thank you for the feed back. I do apologize for the challenges you encountered while staying with us. I will speak with our team to see what happened with the EarPods. I will also follow up with the uninvited pest. We are quite aggressive in addressing and preventing these concerns, as this is the time of year when wildlife is seeking shelter from the cold.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel so we can discuss further.

Thank you once again, and best regards,

Joey Belanger
Copperstone Resort Hotel
Spruce Grove, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had booked a 1 room suite. When we arrived, we realized it was a queen bed. My husband was having back problems, and we needed a larger bed for us both to be comfortable. There was also a nasty smell in that suite. We were upgraded for a small charge to a 2 bedroom. It was very clean and comfortable. The resort is set back far enough from the highway that there is barely any noise, and is less than 10 minutes from Canmore. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013
OpsManager01, Senior GSA at Copperstone Resort, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thankyou for bringing some of your concerns to our attention. I am glad the staff accomodated you and promoted the upgrade so you and your husband found the two bedroom more suitable. We hope when you return we will make sure you have a similar room. It is our pleasure to ensure our standards meet with yours.

St. Albert, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We had a great family weekend! It accommodated our large party, we had 5rooms on a busy weekend. I didn't realize that it was a hotel and not a condo but none the less I would expect more of a place with a kitchen. It was great to have an oven in our suite but with no cookie sheet to cook on it was a bit useless. And one dish towel and dish cloth was also not sufficient for 4 days. The worst of it all was no wine opener!!! (Don't worry I was resourceful) I would be better prepared next time with kitchen supplies.
We pre booked 5 rooms and requested 2 play pens. They were not there when we arrived and we had a difficult time with the staff. They wouldn't return our calls and just left us hanging out without a safe place for the little ones to sleep. They said they would get us one from their sister hotels for the next day but then no one contacted us! Finally, a manager went to Calgary and brought only one back. It could have been a better weekend....

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I've stayed here on a number of occasions now, both in summer and winter and I've been happy with my visits every time. The one bedroom suites are comfortable (except for the pillows), spacious and welcoming.
I would recommend Copperstone Resort to any of my friends or family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
OpsManager01, Senior GSA at Copperstone Resort, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thankyou for your welcome comments on your stay at The Copperstone Resort. We apreciate that you found the accomodations repeatedly satisfactory and comfortable. We welcome you to return and enjoy another vacation experience with us at any time.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I came for a work conference in Kananaskis and decided to stay here and commute to the conference. It was a great deal through Expedia. We got a one bedroom suite, and the place was beautiful. I was very spacious, like a little condo! Front desk was very helpful and kind, and cleaning service was prompt and efficient. The only downfall is there is no where to eat close by. There is a diner across the street, but as for restaurants you have to drive 10 minutes into Canmore. There are a lot of great places to eat there. Our place did have a full kitchen, but we didn't know that, otherwise we would have brought our own food.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
OpsManager01, Senior GSA at Copperstone Resort, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thankyou for making The Copperstone your choice of accomodation while attending your Conference in the area. We hope you will return and bring some groceries to enjoy our fully equipped kitchens. And dont forget we have the gas BBQs as well out by the hot tub area if you enjoy BBQing all year round.. Please feel free to let us help you book your next business or pleasure stay with us!

Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This resort was outstanding. Our 2 bedroom plus den was huge with 2 bedrooms upstairs with King Beds and bunk beds in the den on the main floor. It is a 5 minute drive into Canmore and is in a peaceful little hamlet. The front desk was very pleasant and the Hot Tub was enjoyed by kids and adults. If you don't mind being away from the main street then you can't go wrong!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Your Comments are very much appreciated and happy to hear the entire family had such a good time and enjoyed the Hot Tub. The accomodations offer a unique spacious enviorment with the full kitchens that make it possible to have the choice to dine in or dine out as well. It would be our pleasure to make another stay with us possible.

Donna

Been to Copperstone Resort? Share your experiences!