“Great family rooms at an affordable price!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Copperstone Resort

Save Saved
You added Copperstone Resort to your Saves list
Copperstone Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   250 2nd Ave, Dead Man's Flats, Canmore, Alberta T1W 2W4, Canada   |
Special Offer
72 Hour Sales - Save 25%
“Great family rooms at an affordable price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night mid week just this past week (spring break) with our british au pair and our 4 young children. We had a 2 bedroom suite plus den (which was actually 3 bedrooms, 2 on the upstairs floor and one on the main floor). The suite had 2 full bathrooms, very handy! and a spacious living room area with a pullout sofa, flatscreen with DVD player, and a beautiful kitchen with nice full size appliances (dishwasher included) and an island eating bar, total seating for 8 with lots of CLEAN dishes. I am a pretty easy going person in general, but I do value a nice clean well kept hotel room, and this room definitely met my expectations! we were so pleased and surprised to find out that the room also had a small laundry room with washing machine and dryer!
The location of this hotel is about 20 minutes outside of Banff townsite, but well worth the drive, in my opinion, just for the great amenities it has, and the equally great price!!!
The following night we were booked for a hotel within Banff townsite (Hidden Ridge Resort) and tho hotel didn't even come close to the Copperstone! dirty dishes, poor layout, outdated and smelly!
definitely recommend this hotel to families, especially larger ones like ours!

Room Tip: We asked last minute for a mountain view suite and because the hotel was not busy, front desk was ab...

394 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Just stayed for 3 nights while skiing at Nakiska. The rooms are a nice size with your own kitchen and laundry area and space to sit around and play games. We had a one bedroom plus den and it slept 6, but there was only one bathroom. This made it hard to get all showered and ready to go quickly each morning. The 2 bedroom that also sleeps 6, has 2 bathrooms, so if you need more bathroom space, then opt for the 2 bedroom over the one bedroom plus den, even though I believe they both sleep 6..... Maybe you can sleep 8 in the 2 bedroom? Anyhow, the grill facilities outside and the hot tub were great and a nice way to end the day....with a BBQ and a soak in the hot tub. It is also a pet friendly hotel. Will definitely return.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We came here at least 5 times. We keep coming as we have a good time. Affordable way to sleep 2 kids in their own bed and have a separate room for parents. The hot tub is very nice but can be crowed. The HVAC is an efficient heat pump and is quiet and keep the room to whatever is desired. Cool and heat capable. The location is 5 minutes from Canmore downtown is allow for easy supply replenishment if needed! The rooms are good looking, only few years old and modern. The fire place is electric but still pretty neat.
Very nice walking area along the creek and the Bow river behind the complex.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The rooms were lovely and it was a great price. The only dislikes I had was how awkward the front foyer is. We drove around 2 times trying to fine the front entrance then realized its just a super small room. The staff were nice but it was a little slow to check in and stuff. Also the location is awful and when I booked the resort it said that it was in Canmore. I think there should be another hot tub or maybe a limit on time being in there. Because there was a group of about 20 loud mid 20's people in there for almost two hours. And there was no room for other people as they had taken over the entire hot tub.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We have stayed here twice. Once as a couple and once with our 5 kids. The kids LOVED it!! Couldn't believe the room and the chance to choose where they could sleep. They loved how it was like staying a someone's home. We loved how we each had separate places to sleep and also have a living room to hang out and play games. Also the full sized kitchen was a treat so we could cook for ourselves and weren't subject to eating out all the time. Also, the Junction House restaurant that is right there was AMAZING! By far our favourite restaurant. Thank you! This is our place of choice to stay everytime we come to Banff or Canmore.

Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

As you can tell from my overall rating this place is a good place to stay, located in dead man flats just outside canmore its a cheaper yet newer and modern place to stay if you want to be near the mountains but not pay mountain prices. The rooms are clean and have basially anything you need to make your own meals and secure parking for as many cars as you like if its not around the holiday season. The staff are very helpful and will bring anything you need. I've stayed here 3 times before. The only thing I have NEGATIVE to mention is about their hot tub cause it really left a sour taste in my mouth and perhaps has tainted me from staying here again or using any hotel's hot tubs in general. I bought a brand new expensive bathing suit (CAD $120) and wore it for the first time in the hotel's hot tub and the chlorine bleached it so badly (I guess it's still wearable but def isn't the color I bought it in). The bathing suit is not of any cheap materials its seafolly brand and I've ever had a issues with color bleaching with this same brand. I contacted the hotel to ask if perhaps the chlorine level that day was above normal levels and they assured me it was not. I was offered 50% off a future room rate however all I really wanted was a reimbursement of my damaged product (a mere $120). But I was rejected to be reimbursed and liekly wont use the 50% future room rate and all this took palce via email over the course of 2 months so just dissapointed with the result of this. And from now on will only wear my cheaper suits in hotel hot tubs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Rooms are well appointed... everything you need for a peaceful, relaxing getaway. Staff are courteous, knowledgeable and accomodating. It would be nice if there was a restaurant on the complex. Loved that it was so quiet because it made for a great sleep.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Copperstone Resort? Share your experiences!