“A Jewel in the Mountains” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Copperstone Resort

Save Saved
You added Copperstone Resort to your Saves list
Copperstone Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   250 2nd Ave, Dead Man's Flats, Canmore, Alberta T1W 2W4, Canada   |
Offers & Announcements
Pets get a FREE gift!
Calgary, Alberta
“A Jewel in the Mountains”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Rooms are well appointed... everything you need for a peaceful, relaxing getaway. Staff are courteous, knowledgeable and accomodating. It would be nice if there was a restaurant on the complex. Loved that it was so quiet because it made for a great sleep.

379 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great place to stay for a great price with a full kitchen and washer & dryer. Anything else you needed was less than 10 min. away. Perfect place to stay for a weekend skiing for the family. The only thing I noticed were the towels provided could be upgraded and a few retired.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed in February 2013 in a 2-bedroom apartment with a couple of friends. The location is very quiet, but close to all the activities, such as Canmore and Banff shopping and entertainment, ski slopes and cross-country trails.

The 2-story apartment was in a good overall shape and very spacious - big bedrooms, very generously sized bathrooms and large open kitchen/living area with enough place for many guests. The kitchen and the living room are on the first floor, the two bedrooms and two full bathrooms are on the second. There is a hot tub in the middle of the resort and several BBQ grills that are shared by all guests. Overall, a very nice place to stay and we would definitely come back.

A few negatives to watch out and some tips to improve the quality of your stay:
- The dishwasher in our apartment was in a sorry state. I would say that every single item that went into it had to be washed by hand afterwards. This is not because of our impossibly high cleanliness standards, but because the dishwasher spreads the leftover food all over everything in it instead of washing. The detergent tablet does not dispense properly 5 times out of 6.
- Inspect your tableware before using it. Ours were covered with dried food, because of the state the dishwasher was in.
- There are no baking trays. If you want to make pizza, croissants or pastries, bring your own baking tray.
- There was no hair dryer.
- If you intend to cook - as we did on both nights of our stay - bring you own knives, because the ones in the kitchen drawer are rather dull and of the cheapest variety (which I don't blame them for, but if you care for good cooking gear bring your own).
- The best place nearby to shop for food and wine is Canmore

Other than that, really nice stay. Friendly, helpful staff, good location, decent value for the price.

Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had organized a trip for my husband and eight or so of our friends to get together in Canmore to go skiing. Seeing as we were planning to have a good adult time to celebrate my husband's 33rd birthday, I needed the place to meet the following:

- Make a good impression as we wanted to be comfortable
- Was spacious as people were going to gather in our room a lot
- Had a variety of room sizes as groups of different sizes were coming
- Allowed dogs (I have 3)
- Had a big hot tub (as we had a large group)
- Had to be clean (I hate dirty places)
- A well equipped kitchen (I was making dinner for the group)

And you know what? Copperstone had all of that! We stayed in room 3203. I changed my reservations like THREE times as the group sizes kept changing in the months leading up to our stay. The staff were GREAT and sent me email confirmations each time. I found the other hotel guests quiet and polite. The suite was a two bedroom and den. The beds were super comfy and king size. The baths were spacious and clean. We had a great time and are heading back again in a month to try it out either by ourselves or with only one other couple.

ONLY issues we had were that the dishwasher didn't clean the dishes to "sparkling", leaving a bit of residue. We told them only when we checked out as it wasn't big enough of a deal to have complained about earlier. As well, one pillow case had a fairly sizeable tear in it. Again, there were like six pillows to choose from, so not really an issue and I hadn't even mentioned it to them. Lastly, around the ensuite bathroom sink, there was a small hair by the tap that was missed while the place was being cleaned.

To us, these things were fairly minor. For the price, we were thrilled with our stay and would recommend this place to other people planning bigger get togethers. Also, despite being full to the extent that one bedrooms and one bedroom and dens were completely sold out, there was always room in the hot-tub and we went in everyday for the three days that we were there (from Feb. 8 - 11).

Finally, our friends also told us how glad they were I had "found" the place so I could tell they were impressed with their rooms too. : )

Wouldn't hesitate to book again and would recommend to others looking for a nice place that's really quite affordable for the area. I'd recommend staying three nights as they sometimes have a 3 nights for price of 2 deal.

Many have said it's very quiet - perhaps too quiet, but for us it was perfect. Our friends were around to entertain us! It's also a very quick drive to Canmore, where I had rented snowshoes, went for breakfast, and shopped for groceries. I found it convenient enough and overall, it was very relaxing for a three night stay.

Room Tip: I enjoyed having a room somewhat close to the hot-tub as it can be cold at night!
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Awesome condo and perfect place to stay for a family ski weekend. Everything close by so no complaints about the driving. Condo very clean, well kept and lots of room. Really nice to have full kitchen. We had 2 adults and 4 kids so would stay in the 2 bedroom suite w/den next time as the sofa bed was not very comfortable. Staff very nice and accommodating. Will definitely be planning another family weekend at Copperstone

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Beaumont, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We have stayed at the Copperstone a few times and have always been pleased. The condo style rooms are beautiful and the location is gorgeous. Dead Man's Flats has a noise restriction from 11pm to 7am that we love! No loud parties going on and the kids can't get into any trouble because there isn't any to get into!

Room Tip: Couples are comfy in the one bedroom, we have stayed in the one bedroom with den suite with 3 large...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Copperstone Resort is a fantastic place to stay! My and our 3 kids stayed there for 3 nights recently while enjoying some time in the mountains. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with a den that had a bunk bed. It was nice having the full kitchen and dining room as it saved us a tonne on eating out. The only thing I would change next time is we would probably stay in the 2 bedroom suite with den as it was just a little tight for the kids. Overall it was a fantastic experience!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Copperstone Resort? Share your experiences!