My husband and I stayed in February 2013 in a 2-bedroom apartment with a couple of friends. The location is very quiet, but close to all the activities, such as Canmore and Banff shopping and entertainment, ski slopes and cross-country trails.
The 2-story apartment was in a good overall shape and very spacious - big bedrooms, very generously sized bathrooms and large open kitchen/living area with enough place for many guests. The kitchen and the living room are on the first floor, the two bedrooms and two full bathrooms are on the second. There is a hot tub in the middle of the resort and several BBQ grills that are shared by all guests. Overall, a very nice place to stay and we would definitely come back.
A few negatives to watch out and some tips to improve the quality of your stay:
- The dishwasher in our apartment was in a sorry state. I would say that every single item that went into it had to be washed by hand afterwards. This is not because of our impossibly high cleanliness standards, but because the dishwasher spreads the leftover food all over everything in it instead of washing. The detergent tablet does not dispense properly 5 times out of 6.
- Inspect your tableware before using it. Ours were covered with dried food, because of the state the dishwasher was in.
- There are no baking trays. If you want to make pizza, croissants or pastries, bring your own baking tray.
- There was no hair dryer.
- If you intend to cook - as we did on both nights of our stay - bring you own knives, because the ones in the kitchen drawer are rather dull and of the cheapest variety (which I don't blame them for, but if you care for good cooking gear bring your own).
- The best place nearby to shop for food and wine is Canmore
Other than that, really nice stay. Friendly, helpful staff, good location, decent value for the price.