I had organized a trip for my husband and eight or so of our friends to get together in Canmore to go skiing. Seeing as we were planning to have a good adult time to celebrate my husband's 33rd birthday, I needed the place to meet the following:
- Make a good impression as we wanted to be comfortable
- Was spacious as people were going to gather in our room a lot
- Had a variety of room sizes as groups of different sizes were coming
- Allowed dogs (I have 3)
- Had a big hot tub (as we had a large group)
- Had to be clean (I hate dirty places)
- A well equipped kitchen (I was making dinner for the group)
And you know what? Copperstone had all of that! We stayed in room 3203. I changed my reservations like THREE times as the group sizes kept changing in the months leading up to our stay. The staff were GREAT and sent me email confirmations each time. I found the other hotel guests quiet and polite. The suite was a two bedroom and den. The beds were super comfy and king size. The baths were spacious and clean. We had a great time and are heading back again in a month to try it out either by ourselves or with only one other couple.
ONLY issues we had were that the dishwasher didn't clean the dishes to "sparkling", leaving a bit of residue. We told them only when we checked out as it wasn't big enough of a deal to have complained about earlier. As well, one pillow case had a fairly sizeable tear in it. Again, there were like six pillows to choose from, so not really an issue and I hadn't even mentioned it to them. Lastly, around the ensuite bathroom sink, there was a small hair by the tap that was missed while the place was being cleaned.
To us, these things were fairly minor. For the price, we were thrilled with our stay and would recommend this place to other people planning bigger get togethers. Also, despite being full to the extent that one bedrooms and one bedroom and dens were completely sold out, there was always room in the hot-tub and we went in everyday for the three days that we were there (from Feb. 8 - 11).
Finally, our friends also told us how glad they were I had "found" the place so I could tell they were impressed with their rooms too. : )
Wouldn't hesitate to book again and would recommend to others looking for a nice place that's really quite affordable for the area. I'd recommend staying three nights as they sometimes have a 3 nights for price of 2 deal.
Many have said it's very quiet - perhaps too quiet, but for us it was perfect. Our friends were around to entertain us! It's also a very quick drive to Canmore, where I had rented snowshoes, went for breakfast, and shopped for groceries. I found it convenient enough and overall, it was very relaxing for a three night stay.
- Also Known As:
- Copperstone Hotel Dead Man`s Flats
- Copperstone Hotel
- Copperstone Hotel Canmore
- Copperstone Resort Canmore/Dead Man's Flats, Alberta
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Orbitz, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Copperstone Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.