“A restful break” 5 of 5 stars

Pasturewood Road, Holmbury St Mary RH5 6LG, England   |
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“A restful break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed in Foxholme with my dogs and had a most wonderful week. Sue is very welcoming and helpful and I really felt at home here. I was visiting an area I know quite well having lived in SW London for many years before moving north and was able to meet up with many old friends. The countryside is fantastic for walking with dogs and we walked miles along the Greensand Way and all around the area. This was my second visit in four years and I hope to be back again a bit sooner next time. I can't recommend the accommodation, setting of the farm, general area and of course wonderful owners highly enough. Thank you for making me feel at home and providing everything neccessary for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Business
Verona, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Although room 1 in which we stayed probably would need some updating, it is very clean and comfortable as it is the bathroom. We surely won't never forget the fantastic view from the window, it 's worth the money we spent. The breakfast was nice and my scrambled eggs among the best I've never eaten in England so far. Maybe a bit expensive.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
sue792, Owner at Bulmer Farm, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for writing your review. We take on board your comments re: updating this is an ongoing commitment of ours which we try and undertake in the quieter winter months. All bathrooms have recently been done and room 1 is next on the list!"!
We are very glad that you enjoyed the views over the village and surrounding hills and especially pleased that you enjoyed the scambled egg. I'm sure our rates are competitive with other accommodation locally, as the Surrey Hills, being a designated area of outstanding natural beauty and within travelling distance of London are highly sort after, Maybe if you are back in the uk at some stage you will have time to explore what we have around us and I can point out some more breathtaking view points.
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We have stayed 7 times now at Bulmer Farm and every stay has been excellent. The rooms are spotless, beds comfortable, lovely new bathrooms and the best breakfast going. The hostess, Sue, goes out of her way to make your stay the best she can. Our daughter was boarding at Hurtwood House and Bulmer Farm was perfect for our overnight stays so we could see the shows performed at the school. If you are looking for a B&B in this area, look no further, this is the one with out a doubt.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Sue the owner is fantastic, she helped us out with a few logistical details with getting to a family wedding. The location is lovely with ample parking, plus there was a basket ball ring for a bit of one on one! Beautiful setting, excellent breakfast, super value for money for the location. Plus with it being a converted barn/ out buildings you get your own front door!

• Stayed July 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Rooms are clean & well presented. The location is fantastic & the 2 pubs you can walk to (The Kings Head & The Royal Oak) are wonderful. The whole setting is great. Your stay, however, is made by the hostess - Sue.... She found out that the break was for my 50th Birthday & made me a home made card.... I am going to adopt her as my new mum.... Good rates - what are you waiting for - book now!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
sue792, Owner at Bulmer Farm, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Wow, thank you for your lovely comments, I'm not sure how being your Mum will work??.................................believe it or not I'm only 40 something!!!!
Glad that you enjoyed your weekend and that the weather didn't 'dampen' your celebration.
Hope to see you again.
Sue
reading
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Rooms were clean, well furnished and equipped. Sue was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was first class and speedy even though she was catering for 17 of us as we used the self catering rooms as well as the normal B&B rooms..

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Bulmer Farm? Share your experiences!