“Red Carpet Tours will take you there and back again!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 222 Activities in Auckland Region
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: 14 Day Lord of the Rings Tours. Red Carpet Tours are built around, for and by fans of The Lord of the Rings' and The Hobbit movies .Our aim is to bring people from all over the world to experience the fellowship of a shared journey, to the breathtaking landscapes that we have all come to know and identify with. To experience the real Middle Earth !
“Red Carpet Tours will take you there and back again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012 via mobile

Vic, Raewyn, and all their help put an extraordinary effort into making this trip a "fellowship" of its own. Not only are wonderful vistages explored through the country of New Zealand that travel the full length and breadth of Jackson's films, but each location has a history they are able to tell, whether reflections on the films, testimony of extras and property owners, lively re-enactments or tales of fellowships past. The journey is what you find yourself going for, but it is the bonds formed with such a unique and wonderful group of people willing to accept you not only as fellow travelers but family that will be your fondest memories. Whether it's only to dance under the Party Tree, slay a Nazgul on the Pelennor, stand atop Edoras and gaze out over the plains of Rohan or to ride horseback through Lorien, let Red Carpet Tours be your Gandalf...after all, every hobbit needs an adventure!

Duxbury, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
“There and Back Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I joined the February 2012 Fellowship of Red Carpet Tours and what an amazing adventure we had!!! How comfortable it was to tour with people from all over the world who shared a common interest in the Lord of the Rings and New Zealand. We were all entertained, educated and enchanted by our caring tour guides, Vic and Julie. We stepped right into the magical worlds of Hobbiton, Rivendell, Lothlorien, Edoras, the Pellenor Fields, Fangorn Forest, Rohan and even Mordor. But, we also experienced the grandeur of New Zealand’s diverse landscapes and peculiarities like bubbling mud pools, steaming forests, floating rocks and glowing worms. As we wandered (“not all those who wander are lost”) all over the peaceful countryside, we must have seen all of NZ’s 30 million sheep, as well as many deer and dairy farms. It was nice to experience a taste of the local Maori culture as well.

Of course, we were thrilled in the “Adventure Capital of the World” by the Zorb, four wheel driving, horseback riding, a helicopter aerial tour, jet boating and my personal favorite, the Flying Fox. I even had a 30 minute soak in a Polynesian Spa that cured my bursitis. We met so many wonderful people, stayed in so many charming hotels and ate so much scrumptious food.

I arrived a day early in Auckland so that I could visit the Sky Tower and the Auckland Museum. Then, I stayed an extra day at the end to explore the waterfalls of Milford Sound. Those were nice additions to my trip.

As Gandalf said “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us” and I am so, so glad that I decided to spend my time on an amazing adventure in New Zealand with Red Carpet Tours.

Visited February 2012
San Mateo, California, United States
“Fantastic Adventure through MIddle Earth (and Kiwi country)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

Kia ora! I had an amazing time traveling through New Zealand and Middle Earth for 12 days, back in January of 2009. I love film making and Lord of the Rings, so visiting the filming locations was great. Red Carpet Tours has relationships with various land owners, so we got to visit locations that many other tours can't approach. Even better were the various folks involved with the films that we got to meet along the way. They are as spirited about LOTR as they are their own Kiwi culture!

In addition to all of the wonderful Lord of the Rings related stops, this tour was also a wonderful introduction to the culture of this beautiful island nation.

Finally, our guides, Vic & Raewyn, were wonderful. We felt like a family from the very first dinner. They took care of all of us and our needs, as well as provided cultural education and in-depth LOTR knowledge along the way.

I could not have asked for more (except maybe to return some day!).

Melbourne, Australia
“Best trip ever!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

What a fantastic tour!! Vic & Raewyn are the ultimate tour guides, who can't do enough for all members of the tour group in regards to its needs.

The tour itself covers so many sites you wouldn't experience on normal tours or if you were doing a self-drive around NZ. Hobbiton, Black Rider Farm, Gravity Falls, Poolburn and of course Edoras (Mt Sunday). On top of that, you have the excellent restaurants, hidden cafes & shops and the people involved in making of LOTR.

If you want a once in a life time experience whilst seeing one of the best countries in the world, do yourself a favor and go with Red Carpet Tours.

Cheers
Colin Turnbull

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

Greatest trip of my life thus far! I went with some friends back in 2008-2009. we joined up with a larger group of people who I didn't know but it turned out that these folks would be some of my greatest friends who I still talk to! I <3 all my SEMG!

As far as the quality of the trip and the tour agency, I have and will continue to recommend red carpet tours to everyone considering traveling to New Zealand. They were very welcoming and took care of everything. Guidelines were clear, trp was well organized with plenty of free time and activities were optional as well as diverse. Of course the sites were amazing and beautiful! Overall fantastic. Can't wait for the Hobbit to be added!