“Trendy and spacious” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,243 of 2,364 Restaurants in Auckland Region
Cuisines: Bar, Bistro, Diner, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A blend of 1930s vintage glamour and West Hollywood lounge with a healthy shot of private gentlemen's club, Snapdragon is spacious yet offers a real sense of intimacy across its areas. All 3 bars and the dining room have their own unique personalities, and sweeping inner harbour views from every vantage point.The ground floor dining room serves a contemporary bistro menu from its 45 seats, with a further 14 seated at the beautiful banquet table. The lobby bar on the ground floor is the perfect corner for a rendezvous of any description, with casual dining and lounge spaces filled with oversized armchairs and couches. Large bi-folding doors open out to informal all-weather outdoor lounge areas.On the level above, the Sitting room is the most elevated bar in the Viaduct serving delicious cocktails and a world-class winelist. The Sitting Room begs for the relaxed and laid back company of friends. With overstuffed day beds & ottomans and hot pink velour swivel chairs, big things might begin in the Sitting Room.Hidden away is the Games room, a more intimate space reminiscent of London's famous private members clubs. With its secret entrance and own bar, this is the space for those who want to venture out a little later. The Games room is available for private hire on certain days and nights and can accommodate up to 80 guests.From the discrete Games room with its plush green leather smoking chairs, to the soaring living wall alive with thousands of lillies and ferns, Snapdragon is full of surprises just waiting to be discovered.
New Zealand
“Trendy and spacious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We met up with a couple of friends in the Viaduct and decided to visit Snapdragon as it was convenoently located and offered beautiful views across the Harbour. We only stayed for a couple of drinks, but the service was very good and the staff was very friendly. I would definitely recommend a visit to Snapdragon if you are in the Viaduct. I also spent some time with one of the chefs - an old student. The menu is varied and quite affordable. I understand that they also cater for some of the charter boats that go for harbour cruises.

Auckland
“Tall, Sexy, Smooth, Sensual - a Snapdragon Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

A sultry summer's evening.
A tall sexy glass of passion in Passion About - a cocktail (of whatever mix I cant recall) which drives you heady. Ohh .. just remembered, passionfruit.. lime..vodka....etc etc .
Icy beads.
Entree - lipsmackingly smooth - whitebait fritter - delightfully creamy. Satisfying bites of whitebait.
Mains: smooth ribs though my prof would prefer chargrilled. Wagyu rump - hmmm, if I closed my eyes, I would think its just rump. The melt-in-the mouth kiss of wagyu? No, I pine for this.
The jewel - the platter of violet, strawberry, rhubarb, meringue, ice-cream, beautifully presented - I ooued and aahed - a dessert to die for - a visual delight, a sensual experience.
Waiter and waitress. Smiles. Friendly. Service. Great. Not so great - cutlery in the cylinder - gives a canteen feel. Table could have done with a wipe down after our mains.
Overall, an unforgettable Snapdragon experience. Cocktail and dessert - tops!!!

Auckland, New Zealand
“Very good service and tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We walked in without a reserved table, which was no problem (admittedly it was in the quiet period between Christmas and New Year). We really enjoyed the meal, my husband's pork ribs so good I did not even get a taste! We have moderate appetites and found the portion sizes to our liking.
More information about the wines on the wine list would be helpful.

• Visited December 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“delicious and great ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

my main was a bit on the small side... but the wine / desserts are to die for here.. great relaxed, more intimate dining than most of the other restaurants near the viaduct....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Snapdragon you fudged up!!!! Worst customer service ever!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have loved this place since forever, so much so that I visit it quarterly for girls night and have held my birthday dinner and drinks here two years in a row...however in late Sept I came out for dinner with the girls and the menu had changed, all fair and well, change is as good as a holiday right? Wrong!! Everything was ok until i ordered the crab apple pie for dessert ... it was terrible, tasteless filling, hard thick pastry and after the first bite i sent it back the people i was with couldn't believe how hard the pastry was they couldn't even get a fork through it...1) the waiter came to ask me why i sent it and i told hi 2) he then proceeded to the kitchen person in charge they came to ask me why i sent it back and so i told them (this all while whilst I am dining in the company of others) anyhow we got up to go pay 3) i checked the bill as i was charged for the pie, i disputed it and was told i would be charged for it anyhow as the pie had been tried by other staff that day and was "fine", i refused to pay for it 5) they then got a manager who said he would give me my $9.00 glass of wine free but charge me for the pie , i still refused because it was revolting, 6) it ended up being myself against 3 men standing behind the counter voicing their opinions of the pie to me, this was just disgusting, it went on for approximately 15 minutes at the counter, I have never been anywhere in the world and had to explain in a hundred and one ways why i wouldn't pay for something i had sent back ... Snapdragon you really fudged up, you used to be the go to place alas you are now "just another average eatery" with the odd good waiter and a prime location, honestly shame on you!!!

• Visited September 2013