“MUST DO for Horror flim fans and adrenalin junkies!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 171 Attractions in Auckland Region
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Owner description: Walk in, freak out! Spookers Haunted Attraction Scream Park takes you on a trip through the scariest, creepiest, most blood-curdling attractions outside of America. Dozens of Spooks will keep the adrenaline pumping and the screams coming. Spookers utilizes a “theatrical, psychological horror” that strives to be a full-on terrifying experience. R16
Mount Isa, Australia
14 attraction reviews
“MUST DO for Horror flim fans and adrenalin junkies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Spookers was incredible. By far one of the most heart racing experiences i have ever done. We arrived and had some dinner before the haunted attractions opened we were greeted by the owner who sat down with us and had a chat, he also lent us some torches. The staff was friendly, the actors are amazing! The attractions are fantastic, i can not say enough about spookers i loved every minute of it and cant find any fault in it. What an experience i felt like i was in a horror film being chased! Unreal! something i will remember forever. If you can handle a scare and love scary movies you HAVE to do this. It is about an hour out of Auckland so i recommend seeing a travel agent to book you a transfer as cabs will cost you too much or drive there yourself there are no buses that go here. Book online before you go! Get there early!

Visited August 2012

Los Angeles, California
5 attraction reviews
“A great variety of scares for every level”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This truly is a haunted theme park for everyone. Based on the grounds of an actual now-defunct mental institution(!), Spookers has a variety of attractions, some family (and even kid) friendly and some for the hardiest of scare-seekers. I count myself as the latter, having been involved even on the design side for many Halloween events back in the States. I was impressed.

I went through the main haunted house, which is worn (this stays open year round) but well-done, with a huge different environments, some tiny rooms and some very large ones, with all different kinds of passageways (even crawlspaces) in between. The monsters do touch you, but there are signals if this is too intense and the monsters back off.

The real thrill for me though, and I would imagine for anyone, is the seasonal Corn maze. Yeah, yeah, corn maze, big deal. No, this is seriously scary. Using constructed rooms, intersections, bridges, and effects, this field at night is a fright fest. Using only the light from supplied flashlights (or ones you bring) this gets downright scary. The scare-actors here are exceptional, and in some cases really huge muscular masked monstrosities. The kicker is the center "island" reached through a door and a bridge. The character outside the door warns that this is the only door in or out of the central maze. Once inside, there are no rules. You can be picked up, separated from your party, pulled away screaming, and the only way to escape is to find your way back to the door. Come on, you're scared already. So were the dozen or so people who had refused to go in with their group and were waiting by the door. It was glorious fun and the first time in a long time that I had been genuinely scared. We did lose one member of our party for a while, but we all survived.

I did not go in the other mazes. (They have a 3D one and one made for kids.) However, this is a great place with something for everyone.

So, yes, I highly recommend this for

Visited October 2011
Kawerau, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
“ABSOLUTELY AWESOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Had a blast and it was really fun, the actors are so awesome and really know how scary to be in different situations. Really well set up and yeah what else can I say.

Visited August 2012
Auckland
4 attraction reviews
“Scary fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I've never been so scared and at the same time having so much fun in my life! You'd think this wouldn't scare you but think again and TRY! I've been telling this to all of my friends and I couldn't stop talking about it until now. Awesome! I'd do it again but I'm still having goosebumps! Great fun though!

Visited May 2012
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
“Not a Horror Fan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I can't watch scary movies and was freaked quite a bit of the time at Spookers, but it was just so amazingly well done that I have to give it five stars - definitely scary, but international quality.

Visited October 2011