“High-tea” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   6 Flagstaff Terrace, Devonport 1309, New Zealand   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Devonport B&B and Inns
“High-tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

It was my birthday high-tea. We thoroughly enjoyed the setting and the atmoshpere. To have this venue right on our doorstep is a treasure.
The afternoon brought back memories of this kind of afternoon tea with our grandparents.
The victorian hats and Judy's photo's all added to the occassion.
We will certainly be recommending Peace and Plenty to all our friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

366 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
North Shore City, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

"O" for AWESOME place for a very comfortable "High Tea"

I Robert Wilton, went to this place with my family for my mum's birthday for a "High tea". It was very enjoyable afternoon tea. I have only been to 1 other "high tea" with my family. Very nice ladies & tea & food set out well on the table. I liked this venue very much. I would reccomend it to all my mates.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We very like this place because we have a wonderful wedding there!
And our guests told us they love this place cause here has beautiful view and comfortable room, especially has a amazing garden!
All of my guests on wedding are Chinese, we normally have wedding in restaurant or hotel, but from today, they know this place and this wedding style, its very special than traditional in China. They all love it.
Thanks Judy, not only for the nice food but also for the patiently service!
Also thanks Margaret for the ceremony; I am very regrettably that Margaret didn’t have a delicious high tea after ceremony! My wife told me she very like you!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Awesome spacious character home oozes with charm. Friendly professional service from Judith and Stanley. Would love to know the secret muesli recipe.
The Peace and Plenty Inn lives up to its name. You won't want to go back to a motel/hotel after staying here. My only complaint... Why aren't there more places to stay with great hospitality, location and top food like the Peace and Plenty Inn. I can't think of a better place to take your partner to stay in Auckland. Looking forward to our next weekend here.

Room Tip: You can't really go wrong, however every room is unique in character.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My friend is turning 50 and chose to have a "High Tea" (and bubbles) as one of the ways to mark her special occasion. I don't think she could have picked a nicer place for the "ladies" (all 25 of us) to celebrate the occasion.
Great food, delightful hostess(es), a lovely atmosphere and fantastic hats!! I will definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My favourite place in Auckland is Devonport, the view of the city are magnificent and it's maritime history lends Devonport a style all it's own.
I frequently visit Auckland and my fiancé and I love to stay at the Inn of Peace and Plenty. Judy looks after us with no problem service, sumptuous breakfasts and complete privacy.
Our favourite room is the Waitamata with balcony outlook towards the west and Mount Victoria.
I strongly recommend the Inn of Peace and Plenty; don't skip breakfast - really!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Good friendly place with excellent rooms, good breakfasts (maybe a little more choice) open and welcoming on a cold winter weekend. Shame about the dodgy wifi but you cannot have everything.

The located is excellent and with just a ferry ride to the CBD much better overall than staying in the city

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Peace and Plenty Inn? Share your experiences!