Went to my son's wedding there and stayed for the weekend. It's in large botanical grounds with a long drive way and several security gates and guards. There's a lake in the middle which has several Thai houses surrounding it, which you can rent. There's a river flowing next to the hotel. There's a Thai Wedding house next to the lake and another building referred to as the Japanese house...it looks very Japanese, but I'm unclear what its real purpose is/was. There are flowers and fauna and a collection of elephants which people come from far and wide to see ( and ride).
The exterior of the hotel is L shaped and 10 storeys high. its a bit weathered on the outside. There's a good quality outdoor tennis court and an excellent outdoor pool and large jacuzzi. The pool furniture is likwise a bit weathered and needs updating. The interior is fine and the rooms i.e. the De Luxe was very very spacious...with a big walk-in shower. TV's a bit old hat, but frankly that's not what I was there for. There are a couple of restaurants and a Thai market in the grounds with a few small touristy shops, plenty of present buying stuff available. There's little or no hassle which is always welcome. The food in the restaurant was good with a fair choice. The courses arrived a tad randomly, starters not always at the beginning, but they meant well! It's reasonably priced .The setting for the wedding was brilliant and my son had a very traditional Thai service, several hours long and Buddhist monks incuded...very good indeed. The party in the grounds after was also excellent. The staff in the hotel were pretty well all very good, very friendly accommodating and not pushy, just nice people...I'm actually hard to please so my compliments are hard-earned. On the down side there was some minor external works going on, JCB etc, but it was bearable, but better without it! All-in-all I'd recommend the place esp if you're looking for a wedding location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautifully landscaped 70-acre botanical park by the Ta Chine River is located just outside Bangkok and has provided entertainment, relaxation, accommodation and a place to meet since 1962. Culture, tradition and a native way of life have been preserved through daily practices and performances. See our way of life for yourself on your next visit to Sampran Riverside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sampran Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rose Garden Riverside Hotel Sam Phran
- Sampran Riverside Thailand/Nakhon Pathom Province