My Daughter was married at Newick Park on Saturday 16th March 2013, it was cold windy and rained BUT the venue was beautiful & warm. The ceremony room was lovely, gold and red chairs looked great. The staff were friendly & helpful yet professional; the food was excellent, tasty & well presented, the tables were laid up perfectly. The day went off smoothly the evening was fantastic fun, all helped along by the staffs attention to detail. They are a good team that gave my daughter and her finance a brilliant experience from the day they went to look around right up to the time they left as Mr and Mrs. The main rooms and the bed rooms are beautiful, and very comfortable. We could not have had a better day apart from a little sunshine for the photos to be taken in the beautiful grounds but inside is equally lovely so the photos are excellent. I have no qualms about recommending this Venue for your perfect Wedding.
- Also Known As:
- Newick Park Country Estate Hotel
- Newick Park Country Estate Hotel Newick
- Newick Park Country Estate Lewes
- Newick Park Hotel & Restaurant United Kingdom
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the finest traditions to be found in England is that of the country house. Representing a wonderful escape from the bustle of daily life, they have always been places for the lucky few to relax, unwind and catch up with friends. The country house hotel is the modern day interpretation and Newick Park in East Sussex is one of the best. It is one of the few to be privately owned and run so it still feels exactly like a family home; it is elegant and friendly, with huge log fires, fabulous antiques and wonderful staff. The lovely Georgian house is Grade II* listed and is surrounded by its own private park of 255 acres, which means it enjoys complete peace and privacy, together with the most fabulous views over the lake and nearby South Downs. Each of the sixteen bedrooms is individually designed, some with four poster beds, others with some of the widest beds you will ever sleep in. It is thirty minutes from Gatwick Airport and from the historic city of Brighton. The internationally renowned Glyndebourne Opera House is only fifteen minutes away and there are many historic houses, gardens and castles within easy reach. Wi-fi broadband internet access is provided free of charge and there are two beautiful light and airy function rooms ideal for meetings or small conferences. Guests can have fun on the quad bikes or the 'in-house' tank, and clay pigeon shooting is available with full instruction. Newick Park also organises team-building or family based activities such as treasure hunts, which are great fun. Private parties, weddings and other special occasions are often celebrated here, with most being held as exclusive use events. "Shortly after opening in 1996 Newick Park earned, and has retained, the AA's supreme accolade of 'Top 200 Hotels', now known as the 'Inspector's Choice'. Our food is also excellent – a fact that has again been acknowledged by the AA who continue to award us Multi Rosette Status. The restaurant is led by Head Chef Chris Moore who searches out only the best local food including many ingredients sourced directly from the estate and organically run kitchen garden. Other recent awards include the prestigious Conde Nast Johansens's Readers Award for 2008 awarded to the hotel which has had the most positive feedback from Johansen's readers. As well as being a finalist in both the 2009 Champagne Taittinger Wine List Award and Conde Nast Johansens’s Most Excellent Innovation in Sustainable Hospitality Award in 2010." Whatever the reason for your visit, whether it is for a meeting, wedding or short break, once you have experienced the unique atmosphere of Newick Park you may find it hard not to return. ... more less