“Epic stag weekend!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Free Rein Guest Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bridge Lake
Free Rein Guest Ranch
You added Free Rein Guest Ranch to your Saves list
9550 Eagan Lake Road, Bridge Lake, British Columbia V0K 1E0, Canada   |
Vernon, British Columbia, Canada
“Epic stag weekend!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I was taken to Free Rein Guest Ranch for a stag weekend without any prior knowledge of the location. From the moment we arrived Deb and crew went out of their way to make our experience first class. I could not think of a better location to spend with 12 friends regardless of the occasion. The riding was fantastic with endless trails exploring perfect Cariboo back country. The meals were amazing, accomodations perfect, and the personal touch that Free Rein put on my visit will not be forgotten. This is the place to stay for a Guest Ranch trip in BC!
Can't wait to come back.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Absolutely our best hoiday ever! Free Reins is a must for the horse lover and adventure-minded. We were pampered and well-fed. Debbie and her wonderful staff taught us the basics of natural horsemanship and horse care AND took us on challenging, beautiful trail rides. At the end of the day we retired to our incredible little log cabin with all the amenities. Free Rein also offered us mountain biking, a private lake, and hiking. We felt so at home, we didn't want to leave. The very competitive pricing was a pleasant bonus. Would we go again? You bet! We drove all the way from Utah and it was definitely worth the trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Debbie and company hosted us for our friend's stag and I was blown away by the amount of hospitality shown to us. Amazing accomodations, unreal food, and a complete horse riding experience. I'll never consider any other horse ranch for a getaway, this is my place from now on. It was perfect for our stag but I couldn't help but thinking how much my kids would have loved being there. I'll be taking the family to show them just how amazing Debbie's team of people and horses is!!

Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Debbie and her staff were exceedingly hospitable, the horseback riding was top notch, the accommodations were first class, the food was superb, and the cost was extremely reasonable. An awesome trip all around! Can’t wait to go back!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Debbie and her team were great. Not only welcoming and friendly but extremely accomodating to the unique needs of our group.
Te location was beautiful, with what seemed like an unlimited number of trails to ride.
I would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2012
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This place is amazing !!.. from the aesthetic wonderment of it's natural surroundings to the large heart shared by it's owner and staff... the moment we arrived my newly wed wife was wearing tears of joy at such a beautiful setting.. our room was immaculate and comfortable.. the meals were plentiful and accommodating... the company was eclectic and welcome 'round the campfire.. the activities were numerous and enjoyable... the time with the horses was insightful, engaging and most of all.. FUN !!!...

We're so glad we found this place at such an early age... we'll definitely be spending a few more anniversaries here...

Thank you Debbie and the entire Free Rein entourage !!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I have visited many guest ranches through the years with horses being my primary focus. I also often travel alone and find small guest ranches to be an excellent choice for offering instant and interesting companions with which to share my adventures and I never feel lost in the crowd. In all of my excellent experiences with guest ranches, Free Rein has proven to be the very best and the only ranch to which I chose to return for a second time---and I will go back again! I usually spend about 10 days on my visits and it is always hard to say goodbye.

First of all the horses are excellent and, most importantly for me, well loved and cared for. The emphasis at Free Rein is on matching a rider's experience with the variety of trail rides available. This is no cookie cutter, one size fits all ranch vacation. I have enjoyed watching Debbie and her wranglers work with first time riders through those with extensive riding experience and I marvel at how they are able to create both confidence and challenge across this broad range of guests.

On my first visit to Free Rein they introduced me to the philosophy of Natural Horsemanship and on my most recent visit Deb and the wranglers worked with me on advancing my horsemanship skills on the ground---all while giving extensive time to a family of three who were riding for the first time. They match you with a horse for the duration of your visit which allows a much richer engagement and I have ridden Magic, a most magnificent Quarter Horse, on both of my visits and I am truly smitten.

And while I like to spend sunrise to sunset with the horses, there is also kayaking or canoeing on a gorgeous lake as well bike riding or just sitting in the lodge or cabins reading a good book.
In addition to all of this there is a friendly, relaxed, welcoming atmosphere created by Debbie, her family and staff that make meal times, with excellent "home cooking" served family style, another wonderful part of the full experience. They are also great at adapting to dietary restrictions with great care, but little fuss.

I could go on and on, but suffice it to say---Free Rein is an excellent choice for a memorable vacation!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Free Rein Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!