We stayed in a lagoon cottage and loved it. Waking up in the morning and jumping in for a swim was a big highlight.
I was a really big fan of the fact that there are only a certain number of people here at a given time. The garbage places lile sandals where there are close to 1,000 people all fighting for food and beach space and acting like drunk fools....none of that here.
Ran into Chris Blackwell while we were here but didn't want to bother him as he seemed busy.
Food was good, especially loved the club sandwich for lunch.
My only "complaint" is I wish the menu for dinner was a little more broad but I always found something to eat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GoldenEye was Ian Fleming's Jamaica retreat and where he wrote all 14 of the James Bond novels. Today, accommodations at the original resort include: The Ian Fleming Villa, 11 one and two-bedroom Beach and Lagoon Villas, six Lagoon Cottages, and one Ocean Front Villa. Located on a stunning 52-acre site, GoldenEye is home to secret coves, breathtaking private beaches, tropical forests, and a seawater lagoon. The property is also home to the FieldSpa and two restaurants - Bizot Bar (a beach bistro) and The Gazebo (finer dining). GoldenEye is located 20 minutes east of Ocho Rios. It is a 90-minute drive from Montego Bay Airport and an 8-minute drive from Ian Fleming International Airport (private aviation). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, MrandMrsSmith, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Goldeneye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goldeneye Hotel Oracabessa
- Goldeneye Hotel Ocho Rios
- Goldeneye Resort Ocho Rios
- Goldeneye Resort Jamaica/Oracabessa