“Excellent Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
York, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

A group of 8 people visited this little Bistro on Saturday evening, for a Birthday celebration.

The place is small and cosy. Some of the party where a little apprehensive of what it was going to be like.

I have to say when the food was served, everyone was very happy with the Quality and taste of their meals

I had the Pork Wellington, and I have to say this is one of the best tasting meals I have had!

Im sure we will be returning again!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richard F, Owner at the Granary Cafe-Bar-Bistro, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thankyou for your recent review of the Granary. We are glad you enjoyed your meal and your very positive feedback really gives the chefs and the team a lift. We change our menu regularly to reflect the seasons and introduce new dishes so we hope you return soon to try our latest offerings.
Thanks again, Richard

98% Recommend
Tadcaster, United Kingdom
“A lovely calming choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

New to area and had Chance to pop in here through the week recently on my way about with a friend. The service was ok and the staff were polite and pleasant. The food is cooked to order it seems so was worth a little wait rather than the 5mins in microwave or on hotplate.
Food tasty and reasonably priced and the place felt relaxing and welcoming though lacked a little atmosphere and wouldn't imagine what evenings are like but we will be back no doubt

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thankyou for your review of the Granary - we really appreciate all feedback. All our food is prepared fresh so there is a short wait but we hope the results speak for themselves. The café was certainly a little quiet when you visited however usually we are busy and bustling. We would love to see you again to try our evening food as the new menu is very exciting. Best regards, Richard
“Wonderful.!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

A totally great find... and the most wonderful steak pie I have ever tasted, charming staff lovely bistro surroundings free car parks nearby and great value too... what more could we ask for.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richard F, Owner at the Granary Cafe-Bar-Bistro, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Very glad to hear that you enjoyed the steak pie - when we started here 18 months ago many people warned us about tampering with the steak pie and we are very happy that it maintains its deserved reputation! It was also very pleasing to hear that you found us providing good value for money as, in the current climate, we feel this is key to getting return visits. Hope to se you again soon.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Best ham and mushroom omelette I have ever tasted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

So, I have had breakfast in The Goring Hotel and last week was at the 5 star Rockcliffe Hall but honestly, I have never had a more delicious breakfast than the ham and mushroom omelette I had a couple of weeks ago at The Granary. Packed with (I think) home cooked ham hock and huge slices of field mushrooms - it was just delicious.

This is a tiny, unassuming bistro on the main street in Tadcaster, you'll get a warm welcome and delicious food - don't underestimate it - it's great little find. We're going to try the Sunday lunch and hope to be just as impressed.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
We are delighted that you enjoyed your breakfast on your recent visit and can confirm that our hams are home-cooked. Our omelettes get consistently good comments and to be compared to the places you mention gave the kitchen team a real boost. I sincerely hope you enjoy your Sunday lunch if and when you return.
“Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Popped in having completed half of my cycle ride, received a friendly reception even in my sweaty Lycra! Kept it simple and ordered a bacon and egg sandwich and latte coffee, cost £3.45. I know you can't go far wrong with this but everything was spot on and I have to say the best latte I've ever had. The place is really clean with a pleasant ambience, definitely recommended.

Visited April 2013
Very glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. Our bacon from the Butchers Block in York is the best of several we have tested since we started here some 18 months ago and it is good to get continued positive feedback. Especially pleased that you enjoyed the latte as we put a lot of effort in to providing consistently good coffee. We hope to see you again soon.