As you drive down the driveway and sweep around the bend you are met with a magnificent view of this gorgeous Country Manor in all it's splendour.We were met at the door by Brian,who took our bags and helped settle our dog into the kennels.I cannot rate Brian highly enough,his 'nothing too much trouble' attitude was reflected in all of the staff and it lasted all weekend.We stayed in one of the suites and it was superb,recently refurbished, tastefully decorated in duck egg blue (my favourite) and had all amenities,the bathroom was large and had a fantastic shower and duck egg blue bath with legs all very stylish and opulent.The views from our window were superb, beautiful open countryside.
I forgot to mention the reason we came to Lllangoed, it was for our sons wedding.
As I mentioned the venue was superb and ideal for the wedding and guests.We had exclusive use of the hotel too which added to the whole experience, the weather was touch and go at times but didn't stop the happy couple and guests from making the most of the amenities, which included croquet on the lawn, oversize outside chess,snooker room, maze and of course the beautiful grounds.
We had a rehearsal dinner/buffet on the Friday evening and once again the staff and Brian were attentive, personable and professional.The buffet was tasty and plentiful.The breakfasts were tasty and well prepared.
On the actual day itself,The staff now joined by Lynn who is the onsite wedding planner made sure everything ran smoothly, even issues with the cake (but that's another story).
The actual wedding breakfast was of a high standard, and drinks were served in crystal glasses and even the ice buckets for the wine were crystal.
I cannot think of one negative thing to say about the whole experience except some more sunshine would've been nice,however it didn't detract from our day.The bride looked stunning and the groom was smiling all day.Who could ask for more.No hesitation in recommending this venue for a wedding or a lovely weekend break.Thanks Lllangoed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the banks of the River Wye amidst 17 acres of stunning landscaped gardens, this elegant Country House Hotel enjoys the full scenic beauty of the Welsh Countryside, within easy reach of the main A40 and the main town of Brecon. Enjoy the finest Welsh cuisine in the 2 AA Rossette award-wining restaurant, or just soak up the ambience by the blazing log fires. In the summer enjoy the views of the River Wye and the Black Mountains whilst relaxing with a drink on the outdoor terrace. The hotel also offers complimentary Wi-Fi throughout and free parking. Dating from 1632, Llangoed Hall is rich in local history, a fact that is expressed in its numerous period furnishings and antique fittings and a distinguished collection of paintings and drawings from such notable artists as Whistler, Herman Dudley Murphy and James Cowie. Such refined splendour has contributed to the hotels enviable reputation for hosting weddings. From large lavish parties with a marquee, to smaller affairs with a just few close friends and family, guests can relax safe in the knowledge that there every need will be catered to. Indeed, with such a picturesque location, including breath taking views across the Black Mountains, it is hard to imagine a more perfect venue for that most special of days. Each one of the hotels twenty-three en-suite bedrooms has been individually designed and exquisitely decorated with a full refurbishment in 2013. As well as the classic room types we also offer graceful four-poster rooms and luxurious suites. Every room is complete with all the necessary creature comforts one needs for a relaxing, stress-free stay including a flat-screen TV, telephone, free Wi-Fi access, bathrobes and slippers, fresh fruit and mineral water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Llangoed Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Llangoed Hall Hotel Llyswen
- Llangoed Hall Brecon
- Llangoed Hall Hotel Brecon
- Hall Llangoed
- Llangoed Hall Wales/Llyswen