“Excellent full day tour for all ages” 5 of 5 stars

2 Route Des Isles, 50480 Ravenoville, France
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: American Landing beaches guided tours in Normandy by an AmericanAir conditioned van seating 9. US sector of the beaches: Ste Mere Eglise, Utah, Point du Hoc, Omaha beach, US cemetery and off the beaten tracks...All year ! competitive prices !" You've got Allies here in Normandy !"
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent full day tour for all ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Today our party of 8 spent the day with Trevor on the essential American private full day tour and we had a great time. We had 4 adults and 4 kids (ages 9-15) and we couldn't have been happier with Trevor and how he kept the tour moving, challenged us with questions, and made us really understand and digest the various sites. He was both funny and serious at the appropriate times. Really I would recommend him to anyone with no hesitation. And honestly the lunch at his house was delicious and maybe the best baguette sandwich and homemade apple tart on our two week trip full of sandwiches and desserts. My wife was hesitant about the lunch (we're eating at his house?) but it was actually a great accommodation and so much better than stopping somewhere to get lunch. Book him, worth the price and he pack a lot into one day and we were all pleased.

Fripp Island, South Carolina
“An Unforgetable Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Trevor Standefer knows D-Day A to Z. and he presented it very well.
The four of us trained out from St. Lazare in Paris on the 7:07 am express to Carentan. Trevor met us at the station around 9:35 am as planned. The one day tour started immediately as we drove out of the car park in his comfortable, clean 8 passenger van. The first stop was Mere St Eglise and the church where the paratrooper landed on the steeple. Treveor did a great job of factual explaintions of the battle plans, what worked and what didn't, using maps and photos. After visiting the Paratrooper Museum we headed to Utah Beach where things began to take on a whole different meaning. We experienced the backroads of Normandy, the hedgerows, Point Du Hoc's bunkers and cliffs, Omaha Beach and the high ground, and the emotional visit to the American Cemetary Memorial.
If you get to France, you have to tour Normandy and the D-Day beaches.
If you do the tour, American D-Day Tours and Treveor Standefer needs to be your guide.

Shoreview, Minnesota
“D-Day tours American beaches and nearby sites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Trevor was an excellent tour guide. He met us at the train station as he planned and had answered all my questions ahead of time so I knew what to expect. The tour was better than expected. Trevor was very knowledgeable about the D-Day invasion and the sites he took us to. He gave us many details and interesting facts and stories that I don't think others give. He told us about each site and then let us wander on our own to see and take pictures of what we wanted to. He fit a lot into a busy day, but it was a highlight of the trip we made to Europe.

Atlanta, Georgia
22 attraction reviews
“A Walk Into The Past”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had just finished reading An Army at Dawn by Rick Atkinson about the landings at North Africa and my wife whose father had been a gunner on a landing craft in WWII we wanted to know about the stories he had been unable to tell. Trevor who does not normally pick up at Le Havre took us on a journey we shall never forget. We started at the German Cementary which brought to bare what we would see throughout the day. What we had read in history was not the picture he was able to present - the Hedge Rows - the pill Boxes - the Beach Defence Emplancements - the explanation to the battles fought - the 12 mile ride to the beach - the Army Rangers heroic fight - the depth of the beach with its 27 foot tide - the loss of Life. I could go on and on as to how he brought the battles to life. We visited a WWII museum and had lunch at a quaint French Hotel before going on to the American Cementary where lie the true hero's of America. It was quite a somber awakening one that should be experienced by one and all. Thank you Trevor

Portland, Oregon
“A Fantastic Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

If you just want someone to drive you around and point out stuff, Trevor is not your guy.
If you want someone who knows the history, events, and details, and will describe these to you with passion, enthusiasm, and understanding, Trevor is your guy.
My wife and I spent a day with Trevor in June of 2012 during my first visit to Normandy beaches. Trevor's tour was an experience I will never forget. My uncle survived the landing on D Day, and was wounded on July 3 near St. Lo in the "bocage" country. I told Trevor about this and that I had no real idea of what 'bocage country" meant even though I had read about it and saw pictures. Trevor altered his agenda to show us what the bocage was. The good part was that he explained what it meant, how the hedgerows came to be, and how they caused problems for our soldiers. It was incredible.
Trevor also has a one suite B&B attached to his home. We stayed there and had a lovely time. There is a little restaurant nearby whereTrevor made a reservation for us and then drove us there. The dinner was excellent. Because we had no car, someone from the restaurant drove us back. The only note of caution is that the bedroom is upstairs and the stairs are steep. If you have any mobility issues, this may not be the place for you.
Another testimonial to Trevor is my wife enjoyed the tour and said she learned a lot. Because her idea of a vacation is not touring WW II battle fields, she was basically indulging me. She did not regret coming on the tour.

Visited July 2012