“Spacious Rooms, Convenient Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Greenhills Elan Hotel Modern

Save Saved
You added Greenhills Elan Hotel Modern to your Saves list
Greenhills Elan Hotel Modern
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49 Annapolis St, Greenhills, San Juan, Luzon 1600, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in San Juan
“Spacious Rooms, Convenient Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is that the rooms are surprisingly spacious. The beddings are cozy too! The hotel I would consider a budget hotel but apart from the pocket friendly price the ambiance is beyond expectation. There are all sorts toiletries and even a sewing kit and morning newspaper. Those small details. The con is that the price thats a around 2500 Philippine Pesos does not come with breakfast. The big pro is that its just across the street from Greenhills Shopping Mall which is shopping nirvana for locals and foreigners alike. Perfect location.

The front desk personnel was initially not so warm but she was then kind enough to give us a good parking slot. So that went pretty well.

• Stayed May 2013

176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Lihue, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was there in March and the staff was extremely helpful. I had a stomach flu, and the assistant manager rode with me in a taxi to the hospital and saw through my check in. The front desk clerks were genuinely caring. The bellboys were excellent with bags and golf clubs. The room was fine. Their I.T people should nix the necessity of daily re-upping the internet access. Spa was great next door.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Very weak to no network coverage for all networks..even at the penthouse area! I wish they could have some signal booster in their building..talk about being a "modern hotel".. charges 150 per hr for use of internet.. wifi connectoon drops so oftn.. you have to go outside the building..meaning to the street to have decent network coverage! .... this hotel is a ripoff! They will try to catch your attention by promo rates for accomodation then hit you with charges that could give you heartattacks! Use of hotel phone is already 55pesos per MINute! Just consider booking other hotels..puhleaaase!

• Stayed April 2013
Boulaide, Luxembourg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

It's been our 2nd stay here. As I have family living in Camp Crame (just behind the hotel), I had no choice but to book our stay at this hotel. I think that for the price we paid, the hotel amenities was just ok. It met the standards. But the service is really poor. It has been back in 2010 and still is now. Since I knew this, before our strip I made sure the manager gave me the confirmation numbers of the rooms and dates I have booked. Upon arrival, they could only see 1 booked date... How can that be? So, I took out the mails that the manager has sent me to confirm that I did book other dates. Thankfully they finally found our dates and rooms. I requested to keep the same rooms throughout our stays but somehow they didn't seem to know anything about this, so I had to reexplain everything and that at 1.30 am. When I got to my room, my husband and I found out that we were to sleep in 2 separate single beds. However, I requested to have 3 queen or king sized beds for the 3 rooms we have booked. Other than that, the view by the pool is breathtaking. You can really see the difference between poor and rich. The fact that the hotel is just beside Greenhills Shopping malls is a great plus too. Also, note to people from Europe, inside the shopping center, by the supermarket, there is a small money exchange place. From my experience, they have the best rate to exchange euros. All in all, if it weren't for the location, I would never book at this hotel again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

In 2011 I was critical of the reception in this hotel and their lack of training; the training has taken place and reception has greatly improved......well done management!! We stayed for 3 weeks in a Deluxe room on a high floor. The room was adequate and spacious with a mini kitchen unit with kettle, cups and fridge (stocked mini bar). Free water was left each day when the room was serviced.....I say serviced as there did not seem to be any routine for changing linen or towels and we quickly learnt to ask for what we required. Room staff were very friendly and went out of their way to accommodate our needs. All the hotel staff have been trained to be courteous and polite and to speak to guests. The room had sufficient furnishings but the carpet needs to be changed as it was badly stained. We asked for it to be vacuumed but alas this made no difference. Perhaps our room is not assigned too often as the number ends in 4, a number considered bad luck in some Asian cultures, as the fridge and the air conditioning unit had to be replaced during our stay; all this was done with the minimum of fuss and time so no complaints there. We used the dining room for breakfast only. It is a pleasant room with a large water feature. Last time we said there were mosquitoes in this room and in reception and this problem has been dealt with, so no bites this time. The breakfast food is well laid out, suitable to most tastes, with two cooks standing bye to prepare eggs and other dishes on request. The waiting staff is friendly, well trained and supervised and quick to fulfill any need. We were even asked by the restaurant manager to fill in a questionnaire and as a result several things we suggested were implemented (not often that happens). The one major failing with the hotel (and this is a problem in most of Metro Manila) is the lack of understanding of spoken English. Tagalog is the language of choice for most locals and while staff may be able to speak some English learnt in their work situation they cannot comprehend what is being said to them. Granted they have to contend with our different accents and vocabulary but even reception had difficulty with simple explanations. I would recommend that all staff dealing with the guests be given more training in basic English which seemed to be the language of choice of most guests. Would I stay here again....very much so with Greenhills shopping centre just across the road and restaurants of every style just a short walk away. Much has been done to improve this hotel and more still waits to be achieved but it is value for money, relaxed and friendly.

Room Tip: We asked for a room up high to get the view and had some beautiful sunsets on Makati. As we got the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
pasay
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I came to know this hotel last June 2012 when I saw in their website through Tele-Tech Marketing Communication, Inc. In which I purchased a one-year membership from them, your marketing arm. I called and arrange a reservation based on your imposed terms and condition if I can avail my membership privileges anytime and they say, Yes. In that case, they issued me a certificate for my availment.

I brought my family and use my membership to have a day swimming. Upon arriving at the hotel parking area, the guard on duty approach me and asked if I already have a reservation prior to our arrival, after presenting my handled certificate and valid receipt instead he invited me to their office for which I assumed he would assist me on your front desk but instead he accompany me on your security office full of CCTV that lead me to a traumatic experience. As far as I know people who brought to such room are people with questionable and suspicious personality. Secondly when I went to the lobby and approach the front desk to inquire about my membership, the front desk officer insisted that they do not recognized the marketing arm and also insisted that they do not know also the person who signed in the certificate. With a 5 to 30 minutes discussion we decided that it will be a waste of time and decided not to continue on our plan. Lastly, the front desk charged us parking fee even though we are just there for just a while so I paid Php 55.00 for parking fee because I do not what to heat up another argument but I felt that I am being robbed and maltreated.

My question is it this, Is that the proper way of welcoming their guest ? For security reason!? so why they did not get my id instead of bringing me to the security office. For what? I have been to numerous hotels in and out of the country. I also have membership on other hotels but this the first time that I am humiliated and put to shame. I still have few months to avail my membership but as of this time I do not know if I would still willing to avail my privileges on my membership.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tagaytay
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My family lives in Tagaytay but had to stay overnight near Quezon City for a family affair. My wife and I thought we'd have a comfortable stay at the Greenhills Elan, but things started off wrongly upon arrival. To our consternation, there wasn't a parking space allocated for us, and even worse, the rude security guards of the hotel wanted to shoo us away from their driveway -- understandable in most cases, but where the hell were we supposed to park and bring down our stuff?!!

I had to get down from the car several times to ask for a parking space from the front desk, insisting that I was a paying guest entitled to a parking slot. Miss Receptionist made some calls and asked me go back out to my vehicle as a parking slot was arranged already. But still no go, this time the guard said, "Sir, there is a slot, but your car won't fit (!)". I gave up and parked by the curb.

Checking in was not trouble-free also - we specifically requested for 2 rooms adjacent to each other - one for my wife and I, and one for the kids, but they assigned 2 rooms on separate floors. Upon complaint, ok, they updgraded us to a 2-bedroom suite.

The suite was just ok - clean enough I suppose. The air-conditioning was cool, though noisy. There were some busted lightbulbs needing change, and the cable TV was not working. WiFI is not free.

We freshened up for an hour, and left for the family occasion, came back by midnight, and yes, still no parking slot despite the assurance of the front desk for a slot "as soon you come back, sir." We just parked across the hotel.

Breakfast buffet is limited, checking out took 30 minutes, but my wife and i were too tired to complain by that point.

So unless you REALLY need to stay in Greenhills, don't bother with the Elan. You're better off with the motels in Canley, or the Crowne, the Holiday Inn, the Richmonde, though you would to spend 5 to 10 minutes to get to Greenhills.

Room Tip: stay away from the hotel, no other tips
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Greenhills Elan Hotel Modern? Share your experiences!