“Very nice, friendly people, great food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Oxhill
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Tampa, Florida
“Very nice, friendly people, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had a very enjoyable dinner with friends. They were most accommodating to special diets etc., and very friendly. Lovely atmosphere with great ambience.

Visited April 2013

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Popped in to The Peacock at Oxhill after a visit to nearby Redwings Horse Sanctuary. Being a Tuesday lunchtime it wasn't particularly busy and we were greeted by a very friendly young man. We had already had a quick glance at the menu and knew what we both wanted to order. We both had the beer battered cod and chips which was absolutely delicious. The staff were all very friendly and we couldn't fault them or the meal in any way. The pub itself is very pretty and in a beautiful little village. We will definitely be visiting The Peacock again on future visits to the area.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Havant, United Kingdom
“Mixed Feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I ate here on Saturday night (27th April). The table was booked in person for 4 in the window. No record in the book and it was laid up for 9 people, some kind of misunderstanding I was told. As I didn't book I stood back and left my friend who booked to resolve. There seemed immediately to be an "atmosphere". The maitra'd, Pam who ran front of house didn't look pleased that the tables had to be re-organised. We placed our orders, 2 had starters two did not. The wrong starters were delivered initially, after a further wait the correct ones turned up, when they were finished we had a one and half hour wait until the mains arrived! The food was excellent (no denying that), but dirty plates were left on the table for a long period, but when I commented to the very nice young waitress that I felt it was too long to wait, my comment was met with embarrassement. We were visited by Pam, who was very surly, we could have ended up with an unsavoury argument as she pointedly and unceremoniously said I understand there is a problem here, did you enjoy the food I said yes but waiting an hour and a half in my view was unacceptable. She pointed out agin in a surly manner, they didn't do fast food. Fair enough, but the whole approach to the conversation was unhelpful and argumentative. As with many other comments here; excellent food but poor service and be warned woe betide anyone who complains or gets on the wrong side of Pam.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Warwick
“Rustic charm and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Off the beaten track maybe, but this little country pub offers a warm welcome, a cosy atmosphere
and an excellent choice of brews and food. The food is amongst the best I have tasted, all freshly cooked, and great value for money, especially the specials.
Quite a drive for us from Warwick, but well worth the journey for this friendly hostalry.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Warwickshire UK
“Never disappoints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely anniversary meal. Nice welcome on arrival and very good friendly service. Seafood platter for sharing to start with was gorgeous and very filling. I had the lamb which was cooked to perfection and my husband the duck, all beautifully presented. Unfortunately no room for desert. We went on a Thursday night and was quite quiet but really enjoyed it and will definitely be back again.

Visited April 2013