“Cozy Swiss Restaurant, Lovely Patio” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Matten
Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Cozy Swiss Restaurant, Lovely Patio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We came in for dinner without a reservation and sat right down. The same people run the restaurant & the hotel so they seemed a little frazzled, but we're still very friendly. The atmosphere is cozy and feels very authentic to the area. The food was good. We liked the rosti and the cheese fondu and it was reasonably priced for a nice meal. They have a nice patio outside when the weather is good.

Visited June 2013

• Korean first
“Good alternative to the centre”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Great old fashionned swiss restaurant like they were all in my childhood!
Try the good Züri gschnetselt with great rösti

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wales, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant but didn't like the food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My problem with reviewing this restaurant is that I just didn't like the rosti! Everything else about the place was lovely, the soup was delicious, the bread fresh and tasy and the service very good.
The building s very striking and the interior is very nice. We enjoyed the quiet, intimate atmosphere and the lady who served us did a fine job, not only with us but in dealing with some other guests who needed a lot of attention and help.

I don't want to dismiss the restaurant out of hand, as if I had chosen a different dish I may have a completely different opinion of my main course. But the sad fact is that I ddi not enjoy the Rosti that I ordered, which came with bacon, at all. I thought that there were too many onions in the dish, and that some of the ingredients tasted undercooked. Sorry, but I must be completely honest! After the excelent bread and soup, I was a bit disappointed.

However, having said that, other people may well really enjoy the cusiine here. After all, food is a very subjective subject!

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Charming Swiss hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Very very Swiss. Very authentic Swiss hotel inn and restaurant. Visited the place with my wife and two boys (8,12) and they all loved it. Free breakfast and Wifi. What more could we ask for?

It is not luxurious so don't expect that. It is like living in a Swiss Chalet with nice people around you with good food. It had everything we needed, clean and nice. The lady who checked us in was very friendly and helpful.

Dinner ambiance at the hotel was fantastic. You can also pick up cheese, food, beer, wine at the Coop store at Interlaken Ost station before you head over to the hotel.

Word of advice if you go anywhere from Interlaken Ost, make sure you check the last bus from the station to this place (there are two buses). We missed the last bus and had to take a taxi to the hotel-not much, about $12 but I thought I should mention. On a good day it is a 15 min walk to the hotel. This place is for nature lovers and not for souvenir hunters, otherwise stay somewhere close to Interlaken West for a touristy experience. Would go back in a heart beat!

Happy Toronto visitor

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
saronno
“Good tipical swiss cusine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

It seems that in Interlaken Area is difficult to find original Swiss food. So we chose this restaurant for that reason. The food is quite good and less expensive compared to other swiss reastaurants. The service is quite friendly, and the choise is also reasonable.

• Visited August 2012